After you make this One Pan Chicken and Potatoes Dinner you will be amazed at how easy it is.
Make this delicious one pan chicken and potatoes dinner with just a few easy steps. This flavorful weeknight meal is easy to customize to your family's tastes, too! Putting roasted chicken and potatoes on the table was never easier.
Hey it's Doree here from Top Notch Mom sharing this delicious One Pan Chicken and Potatoes Dinner. I'm so happy to be back here at JAM. I've been on a purple potato kick for a while now and I happen to have some frozen chicken thighs along with a few vegetables from our weekly farm share. I decided to throw this sheet pan dinner together and it was too good not to share. I just love one pan meal, after all, who wants to spend tons of time doing dishes?
This is a great weeknight meal that you can throw together after work. Honestly, pretty much anything goes with this recipe, but below you can find what I threw together.
Chicken & Potato Bake Shopping List:
Some people that I know call this a chicken and potato bake. Others like to call it a one pan meal, and others call it a sheet pan dinner. It's all the same, and the grocery list is pretty simple to put together.
Be creative with this meal. Use your family's favorite veggies, or take the chance to introduce them to something new.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Purple Potatoes
- Corn off the cob
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
What Are Purple Potatoes?
Purple potatoes are native to South America, namely Peru and Bolivia. And according to SF Gate, they have a higher concentration of antioxidants, so they are amazing for your heart. They taste the same as white potatoes, they just have a bright purple color. Their bright shades make them a popular addition to potato salads and oven chicken recipes.
What Vegetables Bake Well With Chicken?
The best thing about this roasted chicken and potatoes recipe is that you can use any variety of vegetables that you want. That being said, some veggies bake better in the oven than others.
These are the best vegetables to bake with chicken:
- Green Beans
How Much Meat Do I Need For My Family?
Generally speaking, try to prepare about half a pound of meat per person. Some people have larger appetites, so this is just a rough estimate. Try to also account for whether you need leftovers for other meals. This recipe is perfect for reusing if you make it without any sauces, then you can remake the chicken into fried rice, chicken tacos, or even chicken salad.
One Pan Chicken & Potatoes Dinner Recipe
An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner With Chicken and Potatoes
Keep scrolling down for some recipe variation ideas. You can make this recipe with an Asian flare if you want, or even BBQ night.
Chicken and Potatoes | One Pan DinnerAdd to Your Recipe BoxGo to Collections Print Pin Rate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Purple Potatoes
- Corn off the cob
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Salt + Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Place aluminum foil on top of a rimmed baking sheet
- Cut purple potatoes, tomatoes and corn off the cob and spread out on baking sheet
- Place chicken thighs on baking sheet
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over everything on sheet
- Spread garlic on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
Oven Chicken Recipes With Potatoes
Now that you have the basics of this one pan dinner, you can make it your own and be creative with it. Here are some of my favorite ideas for making just a few changes and still creating entirely new dinners.
- Teriyaki Chicken Bake - Marinate the chicken overnight in teriyaki sauce. Then follow the recipe above. Halfway through the cooking time, put more teriyaki sauce on the chicken and veggies.
- BBQ Chicken & Potatoes - I love spreading my favorite BBQ sauce on the chicken and veggies before I bake them. My favorite is honey bbq!
- Parmesan Chicken and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner - When you bake the chicken and potatoes with parmesan cheese on the outside, they come out crispy and juicy. The saltiness of the parmesan cheese is perfect.
If you liked this One Pan Chicken and Potatoes Dinner, You Might Also Like...
From Left To Right:
- Turkey Sheet Pan Dinner
- Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- Chicken and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
Still not what you’re looking for? Try one of these recipes from some of my favorite blogs…
- Maple Rosemary Glazed Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner - Bowl of Delicious - This recipe is paleo with a super sweet flavor that's also very savory too.
- Chicken and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner - Joy Filled Eats - This is an incredibly light meal that is perfect for summer months.
- Loaded Chicken Nachos Sheet Pan Dinner - Honey and Birch - The flavors of jalepenos and lime come together for a burst of flavor in this easy meal.