Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables with Italian seasoning and finished with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for the most flavorful and easy weeknight side dish.
These easy sheet pan roasted vegetables are sure to be a big hit with the whole family!
While we're using potatoes, carrots, Brussels sprouts, eggplant and cauliflower, you can substitute any of your favorite veggies. See our FAQ section below for more ideas on roasting vegetables.
This is meant to be a brief overview of this great recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Place the prepared veggies onto the pan in an even layer.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the Italian Seasoning and toss the vegetables again.
- Bake at 400F for 35-45 minutes until the veggies are cooked through and start to carmelize.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (optional) and serve hot.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this easy recipe:
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions (and answers!) readers often ask about this recipe.
Root vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, turnips, rutabagas, and carrots are all great for roasting. Other delicious veggies to roast include eggplant, brussel sprouts, red onion, mushrooms, bell peppers, and cauliflower.
Broccoli, zucchini, and summer squash are all great for roasting as well, although they don't typically take as long to cook as root vegetables.
Roasted vegetables usually need at least 35 minutes in the oven at 400F. Baking time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of the vegetables.
✔️ Try to cut your vegetables to the same size so that they cook evenly.
✔️ Don't overcrowd the pan. If you're cooking for a big group, it's better to use two sheet pans for all the veggies.
To Store: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days. (These are my favorite airtight containers.)
To Reheat: Microwave individual portions in 30 second intervals until heated throughout.
✏️ Make Ahead
I don't recommend roasted vegetables ahead of time, however, you can prep all them all to save yourself time.
The first time you try any new recipe we recommend that you make it just as it is written on the recipe card since that is how the recipe has been tested. However, the next time you make our recipe, you might want to try one of these ideas:
- Substitute the Italian seasoning with Mediterranean seasoning, ranch seasoning, or even our lemon pepper seasoning.
- Instead of balsamic vinegar, drizzle the veggies with a little bit of lemon vinaigrette or cowboy butter dipping sauce.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
These roasted vegetables are perfect as a side dish to so many different proteins. Here are a few of our favorites:
- oven roasted pork tenderloin
- petite sirloin roast
- lemon pepper chicken
- broiled New York strip steak
- steak bites with garlic butter
- grilled pork tenderloin
😋 Similar Recipes
Next time, try one of these delicious recipes:
- oven roasted acorn squash
- grilled Mediterranean vegetables
- crispy roasted sweet potatoes
- roasted butternut squash
Not ready to make these oven roasted vegetables yet?
When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Parchment paper or Silicon mat
- 1 small eggplant peeled and sliced into ½ inch slice
- 4 small potatoes cut in quarters
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups Brussel Sprouts clean the stem and cut in half
- 1 small cauliflower de-stem and cut into ½ inch steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Place the prepared veggies onto the pan in an even layer.1 small eggplant, 4 small potatoes, 3 cups baby carrots, 2 cups Brussel Sprouts, 1 small cauliflower
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables and toss to coat.2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sprinkle with the Italian Seasoning and toss the vegetables again.2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the veggies are cooked through and start to carmelize.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (optional) and serve hot.½ cup balsamic vinegar
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.