This Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe is easy, full of flavor, and best of all, this is a healthy homemade salad dressing! You'll love how easy it is to make your own dressing.
If you like making delicious healthy homemade salad dressing like our Pomegranate Vinaigrette, then you will definitely enjoy this Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe.
This is one of my favorite salad dressings because of the bright flavor it adds to even the most simple green salads.
With garlic, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and zest, there are plenty of yummy flavors here. What sets this recipe apart from other salad dressings is the Flax Oil, which we use in addition to olive oil (although it is optional).
Because this recipe uses both red wine vinegar and lemon juice as the acid, it is not sour. Instead, it has bright lemon notes with a bit of garlic. The parsley adds some extra freshness while the flax oil lends a yummy nuttiness to the Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing.
If you prefer not to use the flax oil, simply replace it with regular olive oil.
- Fresh Lemons
- Dijon Mustard
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Honey or maple syrup
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Flax Oil (you can omit if you prefer)
- Olive Oil
This is meant to be a brief overview of the Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing. For step-by-step instructions and a full recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Into the blender, add the Dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice and zest, red wine vinegar, honey, grated garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Pulse on low while drizzling in the flax oil and olive oil.
- Next, add parsley, put the cover on the blender and blend again until smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to week.
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions (and answers!) readers often ask about this lemon vinaigrette dressing recipe.
Oil, vinegar, and a variety of spices.
It varies depending on the flavor profile you want to impart. Red wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, and apple cider vinegar are all great choices. White wine vinegar can also be used.
Since this is homemade, it doesn't have preservatives, which means you need to use it within a week.
Flaxseed oil is good for digestion, cholesterol, and blood sugar. You can find more information here.
Olive oil, coconut oil, or sunflower oil are all good substitutes.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make our own salad dressing:
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
🍴 Serving Suggestions
Our lemon salad dressing is delicious on more than just simple salad greens. You can use it on pasta salad, kale salad or one of these awesome ideas:
✔ Drizzle over steamed broccoli for an easy side
✔ Use as a marinade for lemony grilled chicken
✔ Toss with pasta and fresh veggies for an amazing pasta salad
✔ This Lemon Vinaigrette would also be delicious on our Winter Citrus Salad instead of the Orange Poppy Seed Dressing.
We recommend that you try our recipe for the first time just as it is written for the best results, because that is how the recipe has been tested.
However, the next time you make it, you might consider one of these different ways of making this great recipe.
- For this recipe, I don't use extra-virgin olive oil because I find the flavor sometimes can overpower the lemon, but that is up to you.
- If you prefer not to use the flax oil, simply replace it with regular olive oil.
- Swap out the garlic for shallots for a more mild flavor.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard.
- Use oranges instead of lemons or use lime juice and zest.
- Add some fresh herbs like thyme or tarragon, both of which are delicious with lemon, to your lemon dressing.
Note: I do not recomend using lemon juice concentrate. Fresh lemon juice is much better for this recipe.
What's not to love about a versatile and healthy homemade salad dressing?
This easy lemon vinaigrette recipe will keep in the refrigerator for about 1 week in an airtight container such as a mason jar with a lid.
😋 Similar Recipes
Next time, try one of these other homemade salad dressing recipes:
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Southwest Chipotle Dressing
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Caesar Salad Dressing without Anchovies
- Southwest Salad Dressing
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
If you enjoy making your own condiments, you might like to check out one of these tasty dressings:
📋 Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
This healthy homemade salad dressing is a great addition to salads and also steamed vegetables.
Not ready to make it yet? Don’t forget to pin the delicious recipe for later! When you do make it, please be sure to tag me on Instagram @jugglingactmama or #jugglingactmama – I’d love to see your pictures! And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest about 1 lemon
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 Cloves Garlic grated
- ¼ cup Flax Oil
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Into the blender, add the Dijon mustard, lemon juice and zest, red wine vinegar, honey, and grated garlic.¼ cup Lemon Juice, 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest, ¼ cup red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard, 2 teaspoons Honey, 2 Cloves Garlic grated
- Pulse on low while drizzling in the flax oil and olive oil.¼ cup Flax Oil, ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Add parsley, put the cover on the blender and blend again until smooth.1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- Add salt and pepper, taste for seasoning, and add more as needed.Salt and Pepper to taste
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to week.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.