This delicious pomegranate vinaigrette is the perfect addition to your holiday buffet table!
This post has been sponsored by Blendtec, but all opinions are my own. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy. #Blendtec #AlwaysBetter #FuelingFrontier#ad
Making salad dressing at home means I can control exactly what is in it and I love experimenting with new recipe ideas. If you love using fresh ingredients to create tasty dressings, you’ll love this pomegranate vinaigrette. Like our Greek Yogurt Dressing and Avocado Ranch Dressing, this vinaigrette starts with yummy fresh ingredients you can easily find at your grocery store.
Pomegranate Vinaigrette Shopping List:
- pomegranate seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- maple syrup
- red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Get the Seeds Out of a Pomegranate
Getting the seeds out of a whole pomegranate can be tricky, but check out this The Fastest Way to De-Seed a Pomegranate video for a method that works so well, even my 7-year-old can do it quickly!
You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am also an affiliate for other brands. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too.
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
How to Make Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Using my high-powered Blendtec Classic to make pomegranate vinaigrette means it’s done in a snap!
- Add all the ingredients to the blender.
- Start blending slowly.
- Increase the speed until the dressing is smooth.
- Taste for flavor and add seasoning as needed.
Blentec Classic Features
The Blendtec Classic has a 3-horsepower motor with 1575 watts of power so it pulverizes the pomegranate seeds, so the pomegranate vinaigrette is smooth and creamy. Here are some of the other features:
- Smart jar design pushes ingredients back down to the blades so nothing gets stuck to the sides
- Pre-programmed cycles include smoothie, clean, 60 seconds & 90 seconds
- Easy to clean-simply wipe the blender, add 1 cup of water with a single drop of dish soap & blend for a few seconds
- Dishwasher-safe jar
Pomegranate Vinaigrette Recipe
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- To make Pomegranate Vinaigrette, add all the pomegranate, extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup, red wine vinegar and dijon mustard into a high-powered blender such as a Blendtec.
- Start slowly, increasing speed as the pomegranate seeds begin to breakdown and the vinaigrette begins to come together.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container such as a mason jar and refrigerate. Shake before serving.
This recipe is SO delicious that it made our Most Popular Recipes of 2018 list!
How to Serve Pomegranate Vinaigrette
I like to serve this salad dressing over a simple winter salad of mixed greens with cucumbers, walnuts and fresh pomegranate seeds. You might also try it on our Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad. Pomegranates pair well with arugula, spinach and kale and are especially tasty when combined with fresh orange segments, and feta cheese, too. Check out this article for more ideas about what to put in your salad.