As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wood Snowman Decorations– this quick inexpensive craft makes adorable decorations for your Christmas tree or holiday packages. In just a few minutes, you can create your own Wooden Snowman Ornaments with blocks, a little fabric and a few other craft supplies.
If you saw, and I hope loved my Painted Wood Ornaments Craft, then this post is for you. Once again, I’ve used a Dollar Tree Tumbling Tower Game to create these adorable snowman ornaments. The options really are endless with this combination of supplies.
These wooden snowman ornaments would be a cute addition to the decoration for DIY gifts like a plate of Homemade Fudge or a jar of Peppermint Scrub, too. You can also tie them onto presents for under the tree by looping your gift ribbon through the twine and tying a bow with the ribbon.
They are so easy to make, so let’s get started!
Wooden Snowman Ornaments
Makes 8 ornaments
- Wooden blocks – I used the Dollar Tree Tumbling Tower Game with light and dark blocks – or scrap wood cut to approx 4.75″x1.25″
- A scarf or scrap fabric
- Small googly eyes (16 eyes)
- White acrylic paint
- Orange acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Small foam paintbrush
- Small detail brush
- Hot glue gun w/ glue stick
(For my paint, I used Apple Barrel brand, which is my favorite acrylic paint for small projects like this. However, if you don’t have a steady hand for painting, thin paint markers work really well also.)
How to Make Snowman Ornaments from Wood Blocks
- Using the small foam brush, paint the blocks white. Let dry. Paint two coats if needed, drying in between coats.
- While they are drying, cut 8 small pieces of the scarf to the size you would like. (About the length of 2 blocks and the width of the skinner side of a block.)
- Glue the eyes at the top of the block.
- Using the detail brush, paint a small orange triangle for the nose and small black dots for the mouth. At the bottom, paint 3 dots for the buttons. Let dry.
- After the blocks have dried, add a dot of glue to the middle of the back of the ornament and secure the scarf. Wrap around and glue in the front. Fold the scarf and secure it with glue.
- Cut 8 pieces of twine about 2 inches.
- Make a loop and glue to the top of the back of the ornament. Alternatively, you can use an eye hook on the top as we did on the Painted Wood Ornaments here.
It’s as simple as that! Aren’t these just the cutest?!
Customize Your Ornaments
You can easily make thee wooden snowman ornaments your own by using different fabrics or ribbon for the scarves. Personalize them by adding a child’s name or the year on the back using a paint marker or a permanent marker. You could even cut the blocks down and paint them black to make little top hats for your snowmen!
More Easy Ornament Ideas
- Dried Orange Slices for Ornaments from Juggling Act Mama
- Button Christmas Tree Craft for Kids from Crafting Reality with Sara
- Frozen-Inspired Popsicle Stick Ornament from Mommy’s Bundle
DIY Wood Block Ornaments
These pretty little ornaments start with small blocks and are easily made in just a few minutes!
With the right supplies, making your own DIY Ornaments can a really enjoyable family craft that makes wonderful keepsakes, or lovely gifts.
You can also find more DIY ornament ideas here on my Pinterest board.
More Snowman Crafts
- Snowman Mason Jar Gift from Juggling Act Mama
- Pine Cone Snowman Ornaments from One Little Project
- Simple Waffle Snowman from Juggling Act Mama
- Unique Snowman Crafts from Mod Podge Rocks