Make this festive Peppermint Sugar Scrub Stocking Stuffer for anyone on your holiday list that loves soft smooth skin. It’s quick, easy and feels heavenly!
The cold New England weather is so harsh on our skin. From chapped lips to dry skin, the struggle is real! I’ve got the perfect solution for you – Peppermint Sugar Scrub. Here’s what you do, make a batch for you, and one for a friend. It makes the perfect stocking stuffer! I use it in the shower. It buffs away dead cells and polishes your skin. The coconut oil really helps moisturize, too!
Peppermint Sugar Scrub Shopping List
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am also an affiliate for other programs. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- ½ cup coconut oil (room temp)
- 1 cup Sugar, granulated
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 1 drop Red food coloring
- In a bowl, combine the coconut oil and sugar. Mix until well combined. You’re looking for a texture of wet sand.
- Add the peppermint oil and mix well. If the mixture is not scented strong enough for you, add in small increments until you reach the strength you desire.
- In a small container, place about 1/3 of the sugar scrub and combine with the food coloring. Mix well.
- In a jar, start by layering the uncolored sugar scrub on the bottom of the jar, add the colored sugar scrub, and then top with the last bit of scrub.
- Keep at room temperature in a covered container.
- You can also mix this up in your stand mixer, or using a hand mixer. I like this method also, as the sugar scrub gets really well combined that way.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $13.82Was: $15.95
Every year, I made lots of different homemade bath and beauty gifts for my family and friends. I love coming up with new texture and scent combinations. This peppermint sugar scrub is a classic. It’s a must-have for the holidays! And, it couldn’t be easier…
I love the way the red and white look together. If you don’t care for peppermint, you could swap out another scent, such as lavender or lemongrass. Of course, changing the pigmentation is as easy as changing the food coloring also.
Need more DIY gift ideas?
- DIY Sharpie Mugs for Easy Personalized Gifts – Jennifer Maker
- Hand Warmers for Kids – Juggling Act Mama
- Coffee Lover’s Gift Basket with Chocolate Almond Biscotti – Juggling Act Mama
- Candy Cane and Lime Swirl Bath Salts – Boulder Locavore
- Candy Tackle Box Gift for Dad – Life is Sweeter By Design
- Cowboy Steak Rub – Juggling Act Mama