These DIY Makeup Remover Pads are a cinch to make and making your own DIY Makeup wipes will save you a bundle!
Confession: I’m not the greatest when it comes to skin care. I don’t always use moisturizer, I rarely use toner, and I almost never take my make up off at night. You might ask why then I decided to make these DIY Makeup Remover Pads – I’ll tell you, it’s for my sister Kate, queen of black eyeliner. She’s partial one brand of make up remover cloths, which, though expensive, she swears by.
Amazon Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. All opinions are my own, but I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too! This does not increase the cost to you, but does help support Juggling Act Mama. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
I wanted to see if these DIY Makeup Remover Pads would work as well as her pricy cloths so I decided to give it a go. These are soft and gentle on your skin, but still do a great job of removing make-up. My skin felt, fresh and clean afterward. The best part? They cost less than $1 per jar to make!
How to Make DIY Makeup Remover Pads
- Wide Mouth Pint Mason Jar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons baby shampoo (no-tears such as Johnson & Johnson)
- ¼ teaspoon baby oil
- Large round cotton pads
- (Optional – a couple drops of geranium or lavender essential oil, both of which are good for your skin and a 1/2 teaspoon of Vitamin E Oil)
- Mix the water, shampoo and baby oil in a measuring cup.
- Pour a little bit into the canning jar and place about 5 or 6 pads on top. Gently press down until the pads absorb the liquid.
- Continue adding liquid and pads until the jar is full. I used about 40 pads.
Everyone Loves DIY Makeup Wipes!
I have to tell you friends, this is one of my post popular posts of all time. It’s been featured on Shape Magazine, Cosmo, All You Magazine and DIY Magazine, too.
Making these DIY MakeUp Remover Pads is as simple as that! And remember my DIY Make Up Organizer? That’s what you see in the background in the image above – get the tutorial here.