As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Homemade Whipped Body Butter makes for a luxurious homemade gift! It would also be a great addition to a homemade spa gift basket!
When it comes to gifts for friends and family, I love hand-making things especially for the recipient. There’s something very special about a homemade gift, I think. This Lemongrass Whipped Body Butter was simple to make and I’m excited to gift it for the holidays.
I start with Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. It comes exclusively from certified-organic plantations in the Philippines where coconut palms grow naturally without pesticides. It is fair-trade and cold-pressed. It’s perfect for recipes as well as DIY beauty treatments, like this!
Is lemongrass good for you?
While Web MD points out that there are limited studies, there is some information that indicates “Lemongrass contains substances that are thought to relieve pain and swelling, reduce fever, improve levels of sugar and cholesterol in the blood, stimulate the uterus and menstrual flow, and have antioxidant properties.”
How long with this homemade body butter last?
This homemade mixture is best when used within 12-months. It’s not so much that it will “go bad” as it just won’t doing as good a job of moisturizing your skin.
What is the difference between lotion and body butter?
Body butter typically contains more oil, giving it a creamier texture than body lotion.
What are the benefits of coconut oil on skin?
It keeps your skin moisturized and can help fight inflammation. It can also protect your skin from harmful bacteria.
What kind of coconut oil is best for skin?
Organic, unrefined coconut oil is the best kind of coconut oil to use for your skin to get all the benefits!
Is coconut oil good for very dry skin?
YES! Coconut oil is incredibly hydrating for skin, so it’s a great, natural option for someone who has very dry skin.
How do you use body butter?
Paying extra attention to the super dry parts of your body, apply the body butter in light strokes and rub it in until your skin has absorbed it all.
Lemongrass Whipped Body Butter
Download the labels and print them on Avery 5294 labels – or a similar 2-1/2-inch diameter round label.
Copy Right Notice: You may print and download these files solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. For more information, please see our Copy Right Notice.
Want More Great DIY Ideas?
Check out these other easy DIY beauty hacks you can do at home!
- Lavender Bath Salts
- Soothing Homemade Lip Balm
- DIY Make Up Remover Pads
- DIY Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub
- Brown Sugar Bath Cakes
- Sleep Masks DIY with Iron-on Vinyl
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (I prefer Barlean's)
- 20 drops Lemongrass oil
- 1 cup Unrefined Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup Sweet Almond Oil ( jojoba, avocado, or oilive oil will also work)
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Jars with liner and dome lid
- Put the shea butter and coconut oil into the bowl.
- Add a little water in your pot and set the bowl on top. Warm on low until the shea butter and coconut oil melt together.
- Remove from the heat. Add the lemongrass essential oil to your almond oil and combine with the mixture in the bowl.
- Let the mixture cool until it begins to harden again.
- Beat the mixture until the mixture becomes a butter-like consistency. Using the spatula, transfer to your jar. Secure the lid tightly.
This recipe has been adapted from One Good Thing.
This body butter is best if used within 12 months.