As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Give a special homemade gift sure to pamper the recipient this Christmas – our Brown Sugar Bath Cakes are a scrumptious addition to any bath!
Homemade bath and beauty products are really so easy to make. These brown sugar bath cakes are an awesome hostess or holiday gift you can make at home in no time. The sugar is great for exfoliating your skin, while the coconut oil helps hydrate and moisturize. This recipe makes 9 brown sugar bath cakes, and they’re great stocking stuffers packaged in groups of three.
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am also an affiliate for other programs. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Dove Vanilla scented soap, shredded
- Optional scents:
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (do not use on sensitive skin)
1. Slowly melt coconut oil in a pot. When melted, add the shredded soap and stir until melted. This may take a while so patience is required. (1/2 hour or so). You could increase the heat to speed up the process, however, you want to be careful not to burn the oil and make the soap foam.
2. Add brown sugar and spices (if using)
3. Stir to a sandy consistency. Spoon into a mini muffin tin that has been greased or sprayed liberally.
4. Let cool in the refrigerator to harden
5. When removing from pan, QUICKLY run the bottom of the pan under hot tap water to slightly loosen the cakes, and then softly bang the pan on the counter to release the cakes. Put the cakes in a bowl and return to the fridge to harden any soft spots.
6. To store, keep them at a cool temperature and in a covered container.
7. To use, while bathing, take one cake and rub it in your hands to melt it slightly. You can use the cake directly on your skin to exfoliate or you can rub the ingredients on your hand, and then rub your hand on your body to exfoliate. Use until the cake is finished.
Recipe makes nine small bath cakes.
These little babies are also a great addition to any Self Care regime you might have!
Try More of Our Homemade Bath and Beauty Recipes
- 8 Easy DIY Beauty Products to Make at Home
- Whipped Coconut Oil Lavender Sugar Scrub
- Coconut Sugar Scrub with Printable Labels
- Orange and Vanilla Bath Bombs
DIY Whipped Body Butter
This luxurious homemade gift is a great addition to a homemade spa gift basket.