Aromatherapy Shower Steamers are a wonderful addition to any shower. With these Lavender Shower Steamers, you'll be able to relax and ease away the stress of your day as you get ready for bed.
What I love most about aromatherapy shower steamers is that it can create an awesome environment for you to start your day, or unwind at the end of the day. Think of this like a shower bomb that permeates the air with a relaxing lavender scent.
These are made with calming lavender essential oils, so they are perfect for times when you just want to relax. If you are a morning shower person, try making these with any type of citrus essential oil, which is alerting.
They can also be made with Eucalyptus or Tea Tree Oil which is perfect for clogged sinuses!
You might like to try our other shower steamers:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions, and answers, our readers have asked about Lavender Shower Steamers.
Similar to bath bombs, shower steamers are activated by hot water. You place it on the floor of the shower and as the hot water dissolves the baking soda and citric acid, the shower steamer releases the essential oils.
Place your steamer at the far end of the shower for best results. If you place it under the stream from the showerhead, it will dissolve too quickly.
Store shower steamers in an airtight container.
In an airtight container, shower melts will last for several months. Once wet, they'll fill your shower with a delightful aroma for up to 10 minutes.
Your shower steamers may be crumbly if you didn't add enough liquid to your dry ingredients.
Lavender essential oil is particularly good for helping to relieve stress and anxiety and can help with sleep.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ cup Epsom salts
- ½ cup baking soda
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 100 drops lavender essential oil
- Dried lavender petals
- ½ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon purple mica powder (optional)
- Cylinder Silicone Mold (15 cavities) - I have a couple of these that I use exclusively when I'm making homemade bath products like bath bomb recipes.
How to Make Aromatherapy Shower Steamers
Our tutorial will show you how to make your own lavender shower steamers. This mixture will make 9 steamers.
- In a small bowl, combine the Epsom salts and baking soda, stirring very well, until thoroughly combined.
- Next, stir in the purple mica powder (this is optional).
- After that, combine the water with the lavender essential oil.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture, stirring constantly until you have a paste-like mixture.
- Add a few lavender buds to the bottom of NINE (9) cavities of the mold. (You will not need all 15 cavities).
- Spoon the mixture on top of the lavender buds.
- Then, press down firmly to help form the steamers.
- Allow steamers to set for about 24-48 hours.
- Once set, remove from the mold and store in an airtight container.
How to Use Shower Steamers
To use your aromatherapy shower steamers, turn on the hot water for a shower. Place 1-2 steamers on the shower floor furthest away from the falling water. If you place them directly under the water, they will dissolve very quickly. The steam from the hot water will help release the essential oils.
DIY Beauty Ideas
You control the ingredients when you make your own DIY Beauty products!
Here are a few of our reader's favorites:
- DIY Makeup Remover Pads
- Homemade Sugar Cookie Scrub
- DIY Soothing Bath Bombs
- Homemade Whipped Body Butter
- DIY Lavender Linen Spray