As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This DIY Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub is the perfect homemade gift for any holiday or occasion, and it smells just like sugar cookies!
This post has been sponsored by Barlean’s, however, all opinions are my own (as always!) I’m very excited to be a part of the Barlean’s Blogger Program. Their products are amazing and a great addition to a healthy lifestyle. #DIYBeauty #aBarleansHoliday #Barleans #ad
Our Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub starts with Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. I’m a big fan of this product because it’s just so very versatile! Not only can you cook with it, of course, but it is great for your skin, too.
This Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub is perfect for exfoliating dry winter skin, and yes, it is good enough to eat. In fact, without the body wash, it is safe to eat! The body wash gives this scrub a cleaning agent, but is optional.
All About Barlean’s Coconut Oil
As you can see from their label, Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is not USDA certified organic. It is also
✔ fair trade
✔ chemical free
✔ casein free
I made my Coconut Oil Sugar Scrubs with Barlean’s because it’s really, really good quality coconut oil!
DIY Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
Here’s how easy it is to make this sugar cookie inspired body scrub:
- Mixer with paddle attachment, spatula, measuring cups and spoons
- Jar(s) with lid(s), ribbon or string and decorations
- 1-1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vanilla scented body wash (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In the bowl of your electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the coconut oil and sugars. (DO NOT MELT THE COCONUT OIL).
- Add in the vanilla and cinnamon, and body wash, if desired.
- Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Using the spatula, transfer the mixture from the bowl to your jar(s).
Makes about 8oz
Make a DIY Beauty Gift Basket
This Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub makes a great addition to any beauty gift basket. I like to package them in smaller 4oz jars (this ‘recipe’ will make two 4oz jars). Then you can make some of these other great DIY beauty items to create a beautiful gift basket: