This homemade lip balm is perfect for cold New England winters!
I enjoy making my own beauty products at home – it’s fun and easy, and they make wonderful gifts, too. I’ve been wanting to experiment with making my own lip balm for awhile now, especially since my poor kiddos have such chapped lips all winter long.
Speaking of kids, mine are are forever ruining my traditional lip balm tubes by twisting it up too high so it breaks, or putting the cap on and smashing it everywhere. I decided to use these little containers that I had purchased from Pick Your Plum earlier in the year.
This homemade lip balm is light and smells like just a hint of honey. The warmth from your finger melts it a tiny bit, making it easy to swipe a little across your lips and it feels heavenly!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am also an affiliate for other brands. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Soothing Homemade Lip Balm
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Beeswax Organic Pellets
- 4 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- Fill a small saucepan with about 3 inches of water and bring to a low simmer.
- Place a glass bowl over the pot and add in the beeswax pellets, coconut oil and honey.
- Heat the ingredients for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally while the pellets and oil melt and meld together with the honey.
- Remove the pot from the heat, but leave the bowl on top so the mixture doesn’t harden while you’re filling the tins.
- Use a dropper to carefully fill each tin. Do not handle the tins while the mixture is hot or you’ll burn your fingers. The balm with harden in about 5-6 minutes, but wait about 30 minutes for them to cool completely before handling.
Makes approximately 5 tins 1-1/2″ tins.
This lip balm makes great gifts – it seems small, but it’s a great addition to:
- Hospital kits for expectant moms
- Get well baskets
- Diaper bags
- Spa gift sets
Download these super cute (if I do say so myself!) labels and gift away!
Copy Right Notice: You may print and download these files solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. For more information, please see our Copy Right Notice.