How to Make Sugar Scrub Bars – Sugar scrub bars are far less messy than your typical sugar scrub, which makes them much nicer to use. If you are looking for a wonderful smelling sugar scrub, then look no further than this easy do it yourself recipe for orange mint sugar scrub bars.
These orange mint sugar scrub bars are very easy to make in just a few minutes, and will be ready to use after setting in the tray to harden for just about 30 minutes. Sugar scrub bars make great gifts too, so double or triple the recipe below to make enough to share with your friends!
I really love making my own DIY bath and beauty products. It’s fabulous to know exactly what is going into your Make Up Remover Wipes or Lotion Bars. If you’ve never tried a ‘recipe’ like one of these, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how easy they are!
Sugar Scrub Bars
Here’s what you will need, and how to make sugar scrub bars yourself at home!
- 2 – 1”x1” cubes of melt and pour soap base (available on Amazon)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 drops Tangerine soap colorant (optional)
- 20 drops sweet orange essential oil
- Ice cube tray – I got mine from the Dollar Tree
- Microwave safe measuring cup with a spout
- Place soap base in microwave-safe measuring cup and heat on high for 30 seconds. Stir well. If not fully melted, heat for an additional 10 seconds and stir. Repeat for 10-second intervals until fully melted.
- Add sugar and grapeseed oil. Stir well.
- Place in microwave for an additional 10 seconds to help soften everything again.
- Remove from microwave and quickly add soap colorant and essential oils. Stir well.
- Immediately pour into ice cube tray.
- Let set for about 30 minutes to harden.
- Remove from tray and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Find More DIY Bath and Beauty products!
Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
This easy homemade Gingerbread Sugar Scrub works as an exfoliant and moisturizer for your skin. It makes a wonderful stocking stuffer for the holidays!