As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub is the self-care item you didn’t know you needed. It’s affordable, easy to make, and good for you!
Pink Himalayan salt is good for your body both inside and out. Sure, you can sprinkle it on your favorite dishes to add flavor and gain the health benefits that way, but did you also know you can turn it into Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub too?
This scrub is so good for your skin. It seems like a decadent treat, but it’s simple to make, the ingredients are commonly found just about everywhere, and it makes a great gift!
Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub FAQ
Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub is the perfect exfoliator. It removes dead, dry skin and allows your skincare products to absorb into your pores more easily. It’s a must-have!
Once you make the salt scrub it’s best used just before a bath or shower. You just rub it on. It’s so easy to use.
The short answer is – a long time! Salt is a natural preservative so your salt scrub won’t become rancid for a while. Often they last up to two years, but always check scent and give it a good look for any changes before using.
- measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowl, spoon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil – adds body and texture to the salt scrub and it is also very good for your skin. Coconut oil can help reduce inflammation and also keeps your skin moisturized.
- 1/2 cup pink Himalayan salt – has antimicrobial properties, and may help people with acne, psoriasis, or eczema. It is also a fantastic exfoliant to remove dead skin.
Other Optional Ingredients
You can customize your Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub with a couple of simple ingredients. Please note that the measurements for these optional ingredients are based on using a 1/2 cup salt and 1/2 cup coconut oil.
- mica powder (no more than 1/8 teaspoon) – this is purely for looks. Adding mica powder – a natural stone mineral – makes your sugar scrub look lovely, but it’s not a necessity. If you choose to use it, look for a cosmetic grade. You can find mica powder online.
- essential oils (5-10 drops) – there are all kinds of great reasons to using essential oils in your bath and beauty products and the precise benefits depend on the type of oil you choose.
- vitamin E oil (approximately 1 teaspoon) – while it helps to moisturize your skin, vitamin E is known to make skin look and feel healthy, so it’s a great addition to body scrubs.
How to Make Himalayan Salt Scrub
- Start by measuring ½ cup of Himalayan salt and place in a mixing bowl.
- Next, add ¼ cup of Coconut Oil.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Add 2 tsp of water, and mix thoroughly.
- Store in an air-tight jar.
More DIY Beauty Ideas
Salt and sugar scrubs are probably the most economical (and easy!) of all the homemade bath and beauty products that I have tried. Here are a few of our reader’s favorites: