These deliciously buttery and sweet Homemade Twix Cookies will make everyone smile. With layers of shortbread and caramel, drizzled with chocolate, they are the perfect
Raise your hand if you love Twix. You can't see it but my hand is definitely raised. I love Twix. I actually love them so much, I was inspired to create a Twix Cookie recipe. It might just be better than the original. Trust me on this - it's the perfect mix of shortbread cookie, caramel filling and chocolate.
While I love a good candy bar for a quick fix, these cookies are totally amazing. They're just so irresistible! What do you think, would you make Homemade Twix Cookies? I bet your family and friends would LOVE these, so give them a try!
- Unsalted butter
- Egg yolks
- Caramel candies (or use our homemade caramel sauce)
- Heavy cream
- Chocolate chips
- First, preheat your oven to 325F.
- Next, combine butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Then beat these ingredients at medium speed, making sure to scrape your bowl.
- Then add the flour and beat at low speed until it's all mixed.
- Now cover the dough and refrigerate until firm.
- When it's firm, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart from each other.
- Next, press your thumb into the center of each of the dough balls.
- Finally, bake 7-10 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Cool completely.
- While they're cooling, make the filling by melting the caramel and heavy cream in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- After that, fill each indentation with the caramel mixture.
- Next, melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Finally, add the melted chocolate to a piping bag or a Ziploc bag with a corner snipped and spread a small drizzle on top of the cookies.
Once the caramel and chocoalte have set, store the cookies in an airtight container between layers of parchment paper. These will last 3-4 days if stored properly.
To Make-Ahead - the dough can be made about 1 week in advance and kept in an airtight refrigerator until ready to use. Allow the dough to rest on the counter about 20 minutes before portioning and baking.
- Funfetti Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- Reese's Pieces Cookies
- Brown Sugar M and M Cookies
- Double Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- Chocolate M and M Cookies
If you really love candy cookies, also check out my pretzel bites that feature M&Ms!
These homemade Twix cookies are a great snack to keep on hand! If you love this recipe, I'd love for you to give it 5 stars!
Homemade Twix Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ⅔ cup unsalted Butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 14 soft caramel candies
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine ⅔ cup butter, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla in bowl.⅔ cup unsalted Butter, ½ cup sugar, 2 egg yolks, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat at medium speed, making sure to scrape the bowl.
- Add flour and beat at low speed until well mixed.1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press your thumb into the center of each cookie.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool completely.
- Melt the caramel and heavy cream in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until it is fully melted.14 soft caramel candies, 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Fill each indentation with the caramel.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave stirring 30 seconds at a time until smooth.6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- You can use a small piping bag OR a freezer bag with the corner snipped with kitchen sheers to spread a small drizzle over the top of each cookie.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.