These deliciously buttery and sweet Homemade Twix Cookies will make everyone smile. With layers of shortbread and caramel, drizzled with chocolate are the perfect #copycat #recipe.
Raise your hand if you love Twix. You can’t see it but my hand is definitely raised. I love Twix. I actually love Twix so much, I was inspired to make Homemade Twix Cookies. It is a total copycat recipe for the candy. As a matter of fact, it might just be better than the original. Trust me on this – it’s the perfect mix of shortbread cookie, caramel filling and chocolate.
Homemade Twix Cookies
- ⅔ cup Unsalted Butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 14 soft caramel candies
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 ounce milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ⅔ cup butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, making sure to scrape the bowl.
- Add flour and beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press your thumb into the center of each cookie.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool completely.
- Melt the caramel and heavy cream in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until it is fully melted.
- Fill each indentation with the caramel.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave stirring 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- You can use a small piping bag OR a freezer bag with the corner snipped with kitchen sheers to spread a small drizzle over the top of each cookie.
While I love a good candy bar for a quick fix, these cookies are totally amazing. They’re just so irresistible! What do you think, would you make Homemade Twix Cookies? I bet your family and friends would LOVE these, so give them a try!