These deliciously buttery and sweet Homemade Twix Cookies will make everyone smile. With layers of shortbread and caramel, drizzled with chocolate, they are the perfect #copycat Twix Cookie Recipe!
Raise your hand if you love Twix. You can’t see it but my hand is definitely raised. I love Twix. I actually love them so much, I was inspired to create a Twix Cookie recipe. It might just be better than the original. Trust me on this – it’s the perfect mix of shortbread cookie, caramel filling and chocolate. If you really love candy cookies, check out my pretzel bites that feature M&Ms!
Shopping List for Twix Cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Egg yolks
- Caramel candies
- Heavy cream
- Chocolate chips
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
While I love a good candy bar for a quick fix, these cookies are totally amazing. They’re just so irresistible! What do you think, would you make Homemade Twix Cookies? I bet your family and friends would LOVE these, so give them a try!
How to make the cookies:
- First, preheat your oven to 325F.
- Next, combine butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Then beat these ingredients at medium speed, making sure to scrape your bowl.
- Then add the flour and beat at low speed until it’s all mixed.
- Now cover the dough and refrigerate until firm.
- When it’s firm, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart from each other.
- Next, press your thumb into the center of each of the dough balls.
- Finally, bake 7-10 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Cool completely.
- While they’re cooling, make the filling by melting the caramel and heavy cream in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- After that, fill each indentation with the caramel mixture.
- Next, melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Finally, add the melted chocolate to a piping bag or a Ziploc bag with a corner snipped and spread a small drizzle on top of the cookies.
What is the Twix cookie made of?
This cookie is so simple! It’s made of a shortbread cookie, caramel and chocolate, which is a great flavor combination!
Twix Cookie Recipe
These homemade Twix cookies are a great snack to keep on hand! If you love this recipe, I’d love for you to give it 5 stars!
Homemade Twix Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ⅔ cup Unsalted Butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 14 soft caramel candies
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 ounce milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ⅔ cup butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, making sure to scrape the bowl.
- Add flour and beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press your thumb into the center of each cookie.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool completely.
- Melt the caramel and heavy cream in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until it is fully melted.
- Fill each indentation with the caramel.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave stirring 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- You can use a small piping bag OR a freezer bag with the corner snipped with kitchen sheers to spread a small drizzle over the top of each cookie.