This is the easiest and best Barbecue Pork Ribs Recipe! If you're looking for tender fall of the bone bbq ribs smothered in a sweet sauce, this is the recipe for YOU!
Barbecue Pork Ribs Recipe
I sometimes do my best work on a deadline. And... sometimes, I make mistakes.
Sometimes the mistakes I make on a deadline turn out to be tasty.
Luckily, this is one of those times!😋
Trying to get dinner on the table, company coming - juggling everything, you can relate, right? I made a series of last minute substitutes (partially due to lack of planning, and partially due to rushing). Luckily, Mr. Juggling Act came to the rescue.
What can I say, we're good at collaborating (have you seen how cute my kids are? I mean, justsayin').
Anyway, he is in charge of the grill, I am in charge of getting everything together sooo.... because I neglected to get BBQ sauce at the store, I made my own (click here for this AMAZING recipe!) and then it was time to get these amazing barbecue pork ribs on the grill!
- baby back ribs
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce click here for the recipe
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- oil for the grill
Don't have the time to make the bbq sauce? No judgement! Use your favorite, just remember that hands down, this one is the most delicious ever and you might want to give it a try!
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
How long do you BBQ pork ribs?
After you prebake the ribs you're really only looking for great grill marks! You'll have them on the grill for about 15 minutes total.
I love this easy cooking method and I think you will too!
How long should I marinate pork ribs?
If you have time you can certainly season and brush the barbecue sauce on the ribs the night before. It will only add to the flavor. If you don't, these will still be mouthwatering and delicious - just look at these ribs!!!
Is it better to boil ribs before cooking?
You certainly can, but this recipe calls for baking the ribs. You'll bake them for about 1 ½ hours low and slow and after that finish them off on the grill. This is a great way to easily tenderize the ribs without spending all day standing over the grill!
What goes good with pork spare ribs?
- Ginger Soy Grilled Corn Recipe
- Rainbow Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- Mini Corn Muffins
- Grilled Potatoes
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream with Brownie Bites
Steps to make Barbecue Pork Ribs Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Line your baking sheets with tinfoil. Season the ribs and brush with the barbecue sauce.
- Cover and bake for 1-½ hours.
- Preheat the grill, brush the grill with oil (to keep the ribs from sticking).
- After that, grill ribs for 5-6 minutes each side to give them a bit of char and smokiness from the grill.
- Serve immediately with extra barbecue sauce and plenty of napkins, these are finger licking good!
In my family, we have lobster-lovers and whenever we have our big summer get together, there is always one night dedicated to lobsters and corn on the cob. We also have some who are land-lovers, and usually serve steak for them, but this year, we had these ribs. They were amazing and earned rave reviews - especially from my Dad who said there was "no contest" on which dish he'd rather eat! (Awe, blush!)
A big thanks to my sister Katie and her (now husband) Kelby for these great shots of the ribs from our surf and turf feast.
Barbecue Pork Ribs in the Oven
Barbecue Pork Ribs Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 lbs. baby back pork ribs
- 1 cup Sweet n Spicy Barbecue Sauce https://www.jugglingactmama.com/how-to-can-your-own-sweet-spicy/
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon oil for brushing the grill
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking sheets with tinfoil. Salt and pepper both sides of the ribs, then brush with the barbecue sauce.
- Cover and bake for 1-½ hours, then turn the temperature down to 170-degrees while you get your grill hot.
- Brush the grill with oil (to keep the ribs from sticking).
- Remove the ribs from the oven and grill each side about 5-6 minutes - just long enough to give them a bit of char and smokiness from the grill. Serve immediately with extra barbecue sauce.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.