This is the Best Pork Rub for so many fabulous pork dishes. Best of all, it only takes a couple of minutes to put together this pork rub seasoning mix!
This pork rub seasoning is a mix of sweet and spicy. Our homemade seasoning mix perfectly compliments pork, however, it can also be used for chicken.
When you create your own seasoning mixes, you can control exactly what you have in the blend. Plus, you can customize it to your taste. If you prefer it a little less spicy, you can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper or chili powder.
Table of contents
Seasoning Shopping List
- brown sugar
- chili powder
- granulated garlic
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- ground mustard
- Himalayan OR Kosher salt
- coarse black pepper
These seasonings and spices creates a really amazing flavor combination that’s so delicious on pork.
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
How to Make the Best Pork Rub Seasoning
- Into a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Gently mix the seasonings with a fork or whisk.
- Use a funnel to put the pork seasoning into a mason jar.
How long will this pork rub keep?
Properly sealed, this mixture will last 6-8 months.
My Favorite Pork Recipes
I really love making pork for my family. Here are some the pork recipes my family, and my readers, love:
More Delicious Seasoning Mixes
How do you use this rub?
Use about 2 tablespoons of this seasoning rub per pound of meat.
For best results, massage the mix into the meat and let it marinate for 30 minutes before cooking. I love this mixture on grilled pork ribs, but it’s delicious on chicken as well.
Best Pork Rub Seasoning Recipe
I think you’re going to find a ton of ways to use this delicious rub! This recipe will yield just about 2.5 cups.
Best Pork Rub Seasoning
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Himalayan OR Kosher salt
- Combine the seasonings and spices into a mixing bowl.
- Gently stir the mixture together until well combined.
- Use the funnel to transfer the mixture to a canning jar.
Did you make this?
Tag @jugglingactmama on Instagram with #jugglingactmama!