Making your own homemade spice blends and seasoning mixes couldn't be easier. There are no preservatives or weird ingredients to worry about - just delicious flavors!
When you make your own seasoning mixes at home, you don't have to worry about any of those weird ingredients you can't pronounce in the store-bought spice blends. I buy all my herbs and spices in bulk. Then I store my mixes in mason jars.
Homemade seasoning mixes are great to keep on hand in your pantry. They are also great gifts for family and friends.
We've got a collection of 20 great seasoning mixes and spice blends you can make at home. You're going to love ditching the expensive store-bought stuff, and making these yourself.
Magic Dust Rub - there's something really special and unique about this seasoning rub. I don't know if it's the ground mustard or the hint of cayenne that makes it so amazing on just about anything you grill! This is one of my favorite homemade seasoning blends.
Basil Salt - this simple herb blend is great on just about everything. If your garden overflows with fresh basil, you simply have to try this. We've also got a free printable label, which makes this perfect for a homemade gift idea.
Homemade Apple Pie Spice Mix - if Fall were a seasoning blend, this would be it.
It's perfect for pie, but you can also top your oatmeal, smoothie bowls, and even toast with it.
Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix - Who doesn't love ranch? Skip the store-bought version that's full of fillers and make this instead. It tastes just like the original and comes together in minutes.
Homemade Lemon Pepper - A blend of zesty, tangy, and peppery flavors, this mix is great for seafood, chicken, and veggies, too. You can even use it to make your own butter dipping sauce.
Montreal Chicken Seasoning Mix - this is a pantry must-have. It's delicious on chicken, but you'll be hard-pressed to find something it doesn't taste great on.
Homemade Italian Seasoning - stock your pantry with this homemade seasoning and be sure to make extra. It makes a delicious, and thoughtful hostess gift.
More Homemade Spice Blends
- Homemade Italian Sausage Seasoning | Tastes of Lizzy T's
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning | A Couple Cooks
- Homemade Popcorn Seasoning | Create Craft Love
- Salt-Free Seasoning Mix | The Lean Green Bean
- Chili Seasoning | Amanda's Cookin'
- Greek Seasoning Blend | Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Fajita Seasoning Recipe | Bowl Me Over
- Roast Chicken Seasoning Rub | Kalyn's Kitchen
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning | The Bewitchin' Kitchen
- Pasta Salad Seasoning Mix | Tastes of Lizzy T's
- Homemade Guacamole Seasoning | Not Quite Susie
- Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe | Tasty Thin
- Homemade Creole Seasoning | Coffee With Us 3
- Pumpkin Pie Spice | Live Well Bake Often
Check out all kinds of amazing recipes for Homemade Condiments and Sauces.
Cowboy Butter - one of our most popular recipes, this compound butter adds a ton of yummy garlic flavor along with a bit of lemon and just a hint of red pepper flakes.
I love hearing from my readers! Leave me a message below and let me know which of these Homemade Seasoning Mixes and Spice Blends you'd like to make first!
Tips for Homemade Seasonings
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Keep your favorite homemade spice mixes in an airtight container. I often reuse empty spice jars, but you can find a variety of wonderful airtight containers and jars online.
- Homemade seasoning blends should be stored in a cool dry place like a spice cabinet or spice drawer.
- Purchasing bulk spices and seasonings like onion powder and garlic powder is a great way to save money.