Personalized Scrabble Ornaments are simple to make and fun, too! They can also be used on packages as a gift tag that doubles as an extra gift.
Table of contents
These Scrabble tile ornaments are fun and easy to make and you can make them as simple or elaborate as you like.
Whether you hang them on the tree or add them to gifts, they are a wonderful holiday craft project!
If you have an old Scrabble game you don’t use anymore, you can repurpose the pieces from that. If not, the tiles are available in craft stores and online.
Scrabble Ornaments Shopping List
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is what you will need for materials:
- Scrabble craft tiles
- hot glue gun (I like to have a paper plate to rest mine on)
- 1/2″ wide ribbon
- ornament hangers
- embellishments (optional)
- Sparkle Mod Podge and paintbrush (optional)
Products from Amazon.com
How to Make Scrabble Ornaments
Please note, because of the hot glue, this is not a project I would recommend for young children. Get them involved in finding the letters, choosing the ribbon and things like that. Once assembled, kids can help by brushing the sparkle Mod Podge over the tiles.
- Arrange the tile vertically and then measure the length of ribbon needed as the “backing” and leave a little extra space on top (if desired) for embellishments.
- To make the ornament more sturdy, double the ribbon on top of itself.
- Next, place the ornament holder into the loop of the ribbon and glue to secure it.
- Now fold the ribbon back onto itself, using the glue gun to adhere it together.
- After that, add the tiles to the ribbon starting from the bottom up.
- In the space that is left at the top, add other ribbon or embellishments, if you like.
- Finally, you can brush a light coat of Sparkle Mod Podge over the tile. This makes the Scrabble ornament sparkle a little on the Christmas tree.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $5.42Was: $6.14
Simple right? They can also serve as a way to mark which stocking belongs to each family member!
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you’ll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier!
Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama
❤ ❤ ❤
More DIY Holiday Decor Ideas
I think making your own decorations for the holidays is part of the fun! Here are more DIY ideas you might like:
- Simple DIY Ribbon Ornament – make in minutes with no mess.
- Easy Money Ornament – perfect for hard-to-shop-for teens!
- DIY Holiday Wreath – if you love chevron, this one is for you.
- Ornament Christmas Tree – fun and trendy decor project.
This beautiful kissing ball will look lovely in your home but also makes a wonderful gift, too.
With the right supplies, making your own DIY Ornaments can a really enjoyable family craft that makes wonderful keepsakes, or lovely gifts.
$100 Michael’s Gift Card Giveaway
We are so excited that one lucky winner will receive a $100 Michael’s Gift Card – just in time for the holidays!
Brought to you by:
- Christmas Wish List Printable | Blogghetti
- Elf-Inspired Shirt (Cricut Project) |Doodlecraft
- Scrabble Ornaments | Juggling Act Mama
- Melted Bead Christmas Ornaments | New England Momma
- Tissue Paper Snowflake Windows | Paper Ponies
- Fabric Christmas Trees | Simply Designing
- DIY Magnolia Wreath | The Kitchen Garten
- Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt Printable | Trish Sutton
Official Rules and Conditions:
One winner will receive a $100 Michaels Gift Card. Open to US residents 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Michael’s, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 12/23/2019. The prize will be delivered electronically.
Enter using the widget below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
These homemade citrus slice ornaments look so pretty on your Christmas tree!
Kids will have a blast making these with you this holiday season.