SUPPLIESHere’s what you’ll need:
- A wreath form of some type. It doesn’t matter what it looks like (it will be covered in burlap in a minute), so buy the cheapest type you can find.
- Burlap ‘ribbon’. I found this awesome chevron ribbon at JoAnn. They have a sorts, though. Pick your fave … plain, dotted, striped …
- Berry ‘sprigs’. Mine were also from JoAnn, but they sell these things everywhere. I used three sprigs … 2 red, 1 white.
- Rosettes / flowers. You can also buy all kinds of fancy pre-made flowers and rosettes at your local craft store (check near the scrapbooking / paper crafting supplies).
- Not pictured above (because it was an afterthought … and totally optional), a slate/chalkboard plaque (again … JoAnn/Michaels/Your local craft store …).
- Stick pins (you know, the kind designed for sewing).
PROCESSAnd here’s how it’s made:
- Basically … start wrapping the wreath form in the burlap ribbon until it’s covered.
- Pin the ends of the burlap to the back of the wreath with a couple stick pins.
- Grab your rosettes and flowers and stick ’em on (with stick pins again).
- Next, take your berry sprigs and shove ’em into the burlap ribbon. No need to glue or pin. Just arrange the berries until you’re happy with how they look.
- Tie in your slate/chalkboard sign and add a message.