These Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes with parmesan and rosemary are a delicious side dish any night of the week!
The combination of fresh garlic and rosemary with parmesan cheese gives these crispy sweet potatoes the most incredible flavor!
Check out more great Kid Friendly Sweet Potato Recipes like this!
Sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamin C, beta-carotene, and lots of other great nurtrients so they're a staple I keep in my pantry.
This is a great straight-forward and simple side dish you can make for a weeknight meal, and it also works for holidays.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe:
- fresh sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper
This is meant to be a brief overview of the rosemary roasted sweet potatoes recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below.
- Cut the peeled sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch cubes).
- Toss with olive oil, minced rosemary, and minced garlic in a large bowl.
- Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in an even layer.
- Bake until golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and cook for 5 more minutes.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this easy recipe:
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
✔️Be sure to cut your sweet potatoes so they are about the same size. This helps ensure they are cooked evenly.
✔️Place the sweet potato pieces evenly on the baking sheet in a single layer. Don't crowd them too much or they won't be able to get caramelized and crispy.
✔️High heat is important for the sweet potatoes to get nice crispy edges!
✔️Please note that baking time will vary depending on your oven and the size of your sweet potato cubes.
- Sweet potato skin is edible and has a lot of nutrients so you do not have to peel your sweet potatoes.
- Substitute purple sweet potatoes, or use a combination both. This looks especially impressive as part of your Thanksgiving spread!
- While it might sound unusual, cinnamon goes really well with both garlic and rosemary. Consider adding a little bit to your potatoes.
- For a little heat, add a bit of chili powder.
- Serve with a little goat cheese sprinkled on top instead of parmesan cheese.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
Plus, they're simple enough that they're the perfect side dish for weeknight meals, too.
To Store: Store leftovers in an airtight container for 4-5 days in the fridge. (These are my favorite airtight containers.)
To Reheat: Individual portions can be reheated in the microwave.
Leftover sweet potatoes are great to use in salads, grain bowls, burrito bowls, mash them in with regular potatoes, or whip up a batch of sweet potato soup.
We have so many different types of sweet potatoes to choose from so you're sure to find an amazing sweet potato recipe here! These are a few of my other favorite sweet potato recipes:
- Make Ahead Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar - our most popular side dish - ever!
- Candied Sweet Potatoes - these are slow simmered for the best flavor.
- Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes - if you love maple syrup, this is the sweet potato recipe for you!
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows - everyone loves this holiday classic.
More Side Dish Recipes
Next time you're looking for another side dish, try one of these:
Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Not ready to make this easy sweet potato recipe yet? Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic or ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash the sweet potatoes with cold water and pat dry.2 pounds large sweet potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces.2 pounds large sweet potatoes
- Mince the garlic gloves and rosemary.1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, 2 teaspoons fresh garlic
- Toss the sweet potato with olive oil, minced rosemary, and minced garlic in a large bowl.2 pounds large sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, 2 teaspoons fresh garlic
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste.sea salt and black pepper
- Place the seasoned potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip the sweet potatoes.
- Return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan to sprinkle the top of the sweet potatoes with parmesan cheese and cook for 5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Top with additional cheese and chopped rosemary if desired.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.