If you want the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip you need this recipe! It is one of our most popular recipes of all time. It's a simple, delicious, game day staple that you can make the day before!
Easily the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip you've ever eaten! Mr. Juggling Act loves football. He also loves spicy food - so in 2013 he decided to whip up what turned out to be the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe ever for our Super Bowl party!
It's too bad that my sister Kate and her husband Kelby live so far away because for one we were cheering for the same team (49ers all the way!) and they love spicy food, too!
By the way, if you love buffalo chicken dip, be sure to check out our easy slow cooker buffalo chicken, which is awesome for salads, tacos, and even pizza!
This is one of those easy recipes that is just really simple. And, since you can prep it all before the big game, then just pop it into the oven. Plus, since it uses canned chicken breast, there's really not a lot of prep work involved. (However, you can use leftover shredded chicken if you prefer). Here's what you'll need:
- cream cheese
- blue cheese dressing
- buffalo wing sauce
- Monterrey jack or mozzarella cheese
- canned chicken breast meat or cooked chicken breasts
This is meant to be a brief overview of our easy buffalo chicken dip recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Drain the chicken meat, break it up with a fork and place in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl.
- Then, in a separate bowl whip the softened cream cheese with the hand mixer until smooth. Add it to the chicken and mix by hand until combined.
- Next, stir in the blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, and shredded Monterrey jack or mozzarella cheese.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤ ❤ ❤
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions (and answers!) readers often ask about this recipe.
This dip will last 3-5 days refrigerated.
Absolutely, this recipe freezes great! Store well sealed in the freezer for up to three months.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice as needed.
Finally, serve with chips or crackers and with a side of carrots and celery.
Start with softened cream cheese to make the process go smoother (literally!) If needed, you can microwave the cream cheese in a small bowl for 15 seconds.
This makes a big batch, so if you're having a smaller get-together, you could divide the dip in half and freeze one portion for later.
Portion it out into several smaller dishes so that guest have their own serving.
You can keep this dip warm by placing 2 inches of hot water in the bottom of a slow cooker. Set your bowl of dip into the slow cooker and set it onto the "warm" setting. Keep covered in-between snacking.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
For your next party, whip up this buffalo dip recipe and place it on a large cutting board along with:
- Tortilla Chips
- Carrot Sticks
- Celery Sticks
- Toasted Baguette
"Who needs chips or crackers? Just grab a fork - seriously, it's that good!"Mr. Juggling Act!
Since this is the BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe already, I wouldn't change a thing! 😋 We recommend the first time you make this just as the recipe is written for best results. But if you're looking for some other ideas, here are some suggestions:
- If you prefer, you can use a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat instead of using the cans.
- Substitute ranch dressing for the blue cheese dressing.
- For an extra kick, add a pinch (or two!) of chili powder.
- You can top this delicious recipe with blue cheese crumbles or shredded cheddar cheese also.
- Use leftover shredded chicken if you have some on hand.
- Some people also put diced bell peppers in their buffalo chicken dip recipes.
- Garnish with finely diced green onions.
- Add ½ cup sour cream, for an even creamier dip.
😋 Similar Recipes
If you love Buffalo Chicken as much as we do, here are a few more recipes I know you'll love!
- Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring - a perfect game day main dish.
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad - all of your favorite flavors in one dish.
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe - low, slow, and easy!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad - if you love wings, you have to try this.
🏈More Game Day Ideas
More great appetizers for game day!
- Cowboy Caviar is a great alternative to the more common salsa!
- Who doesn't love a delicious cheese steak? Our Philly Cheesesteak Dip is also a make ahead recipe.
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders are so perfect for game day!
- Cheesy Bacon Dip - this yummy dip made with sour cream, and of course lots of cheese and bacon, is always a party favorite.
📋 Buffalo Chicken Dip
Not ready to make this easy recipe yet? Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! When you do make it, please be sure to tag me on Instagram @jugglingactmama or #jugglingactmama – I’d love to see your pictures! And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce we used Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ½ cup shredded Monterrey jack or Colby jack cheese
- 2 12.5 oz cans Swanson's White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained OR 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium-large oven safe bowl, break up the drained chicken meat.
- In a small bowl, whip the softened cream cheese with the hand mixer until smooth, then add it to the chicken and mix by hand until combined.
- Then, stir in the blue cheese dressing, hot sauce, and shredded Monterrey jack or Colby jack cheese.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
About 30 minutes before serving, preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice as needed.
- Serve with chips or crackers and with a side of carrots and celery.