Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos - The delicious combination of spicy, jalapeño peppers, tangy cream cheese, salty ground sausage, and gooey cheddar cheese makes these jalapeno poppers one of my go-to appetizers for game day!
You're going to want to add this recipe to your meal plan!
These tender cream cheese and sausage stuffed peppers are a must-make recipe if you are a fan of spicy foods. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time in the kitchen, you can have a show-stopping recipe made with these spicy peppers.
These little guys are the perfect party appetizer for game day with your friends or even as a quick snack. Not only are they great as a snack or an appetizer but if you ask my family, they also make a great main dish.
Instead of picking up frozen jalapeno poopers on your next trip to the grocery store, grab these fresh ingredients instead; they taste so much better than the frozen boxed kind, and they aren't even hard to make! You can't go wrong.
This is meant to be a brief overview of this great recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below.
To make this easy appetizer recipe you will need fresh jalapenos, velvety cream cheese, cooked sausage, and a few other ingredients to make the sausage filling.
- large fresh jalapeño peppers
- cream cheese, softened and at room temperature
- cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage (pork or turkey)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- smoked paprika (optional)
- Salt and black pepper
These sausage jalapeno poppers can be made in the oven with only a little bit of prep work.
- Mix the ingredients for your cream cheese stuffing in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Prep the jalapeno peppers and clean them thoroughly.
- Stuff the cream cheese and sausage mixture into each of the pepper halves.
- Bake at 375 degrees f until golden brown on top. Cool slightly before serving.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions (and answers!) readers often ask about this Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos recipe.
The easiest way is to slice them lengthwise so that you have two jalapeno halves.
Removing the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno peppers will help to reduce the spiciness.
✔️ I recommend that you wear food-safe latex or rubber gloves while you are preparing the fresh jalapeños. As the jalapeno seeds can burn your skin. Make sure you don't touch your face!
✔️ Out of parchment paper? You use aluminum foil to line your baking sheet also. This will make clean-up easy and prevent the decadent jalapenos from sticking to the pan.
To Reheat: Microwave individual portions in 30 second intervals until heated throughout. You can also reheat them on a foil-lined baking sheet in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until warm all the way through.
✏️ Make Ahead
One great thing about this stuffed jalapeno recipe is that you can make the filling and stuff the peppers then store them covered on the baking sheet in the fridge until you are ready to bake them.
The first time you try any new recipe we recommend that you make it just as it is written on the recipe card since that is how the delicious recipe has been tested. However, the next time you make our recipe, you might want to try one of these ideas:
- There are so many different types of shredded cheese that you can use for this delicious recipe. You can use parmesan cheese, Colby jack cheese, or even pepper jack for your flavorful sausage filling.
- Feel free to get creative with the type of sausage that you use to make this recipe. I used mild pork sausage, but you can also use hot sausage, turkey sausage, or even ground beef. I prefer to use breakfast sausage, but Italian sausage can also be used if you enjoy that flavor.
- Want to make bacon-wrapped jalapenos instead? Wrap a slice of thick-cut bacon around each half before you bake them.
- Sliced green onions or chopped fresh chives both make a great garnish for this delectable party snack.
Related: Tailgating Food Ideas
👉Out of something you need? Check out our free ingredient substitutions printable!
🍴 Serving Suggestions
Not ready to make this Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos recipe yet?
When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a 5-star rating below! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 large fresh jalapeño peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage pork or turkey
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and carefully remove all the seeds and membranes with a spoon. Then rinse each of the halves until cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.12 large fresh jalapeño peppers
- In a medium sized bowl combined the room temperature cream cheese, cooked -sausage, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and the optional smoked paprika. Mix well until thoroughly combined.8 ounces cream cheese, ½ cup cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage, ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.Salt and pepper
- Use a spoon or your clean fingers to fill each of the jalapeno half with the cream cheese and sausage mixture and then gently press it in.
- Place the halves on the parchment lined baking sheet spacing them out at least an inch apart for even cooking.
- Bake the stuffed peppers in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the filling is bubbling and lightly golden brown.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and allow the stuffed jalapenos to cool slightly before serving.
- Be careful and make sure that you do not touch your eyes or face while you are slicing and seeding the peppers. Wearing gloves helps prevent irritation.
- Don't forget to pack down the cream cheese filling slightly so that it doesn't fall out of your peppers.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.