Mr. Juggling Act loves hot wings. I do not, and since I do most of the cooking, we rarely have wings. Except game day – that’s when I break out all my “man-food” recipes. All the spicy, messy, stuff he loves to eat, including these Spicy Hot Wings.
But unlike traditional hot wings, these are baked. Yep, so they’re a big healthier than the deep-fried version – though there’s just as much butter!! Since you don’t have to stand over the stove, these make a great dish for parties – just prep them ahead of time and stick them in the oven just before it’s time to serve – super easy!
Spicy Hot Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chives for garnish
- 2 cups Blue Cheese Dressing for serving
- Rinse the wings under cold running water, then drain and pat dry completely with paper towels.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in the hot sauce and salt.
- Cover the bowl and marinate on the counter for 20 to 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cover a large baking sheet with tinfoil, then set a wire cooling rack on top. Spread the wings out on the cooling rack (this will allow them to cook evenly underneath and not stick.
- Discard the remaining sauce.
- Broil about 10 minutes, then turn the wings and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with chives and serve with blue cheese dressing.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe, I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @jugglingactmama, using the hashtag #jugglingactmama
While you can absolutely just marinate these for 20-30 minutes, putting them in the refrigerator to marinate overnight will give you maximum flavor and you’ll have some very happy wing-lovers!
Need more great appetizer ideas?
I’ve got loads of them! Below are a couple of popular snacks that are great for game day!