Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole is simple, easy, and totally delicious! You'll love the creamy chicken and noodle filling and the tender chicken.
Casseroles are a great way to stretch your grocery budget a little further. Not only are they delicious and filling, but you can save a few bucks by purchasing frozen veggies.
Start with a rotisserie chicken or any leftover cooked chicken, and you have this easy Chicken Noodle Casserole on the table in about 35-40 minutes!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
- What's not to love about tender egg noodles in a creamy sauce with chicken and veggies?!
- Easy to tailor to suit your whole family - even the picky eater!
- This is a complete meal perfect for busy weeknights.
You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this easy recipe:
- egg noodles
- chicken breasts (leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken all work also)
- cream of chicken soup OR Cream Soup Substitute
- frozen mixed veggies
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cooking spray
- seasonings: black pepper, dried thyme, garlic powder, onion powder
This is meant to be a brief overview of the chicken noodle casserole recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- In a large bowl, mix together milk, cream soup, and seasonings.
- Stir in the chicken, veggies, and cheese.
- Gently fold in the cooked pasta.
- Spoon the chicken and noodle mixture into the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350F until bubbly and crispy.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make cheesy chicken noodle casserole:
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9x13 Baking dish
- Wooden Spoon
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
✔️ Be sure to cook your egg noodles until they are just al dente - firm to the bite. You do not want the noodles to become mushy when you bake the casserole.
To Store: Leftover chicken and noodle casserole can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. (These are my favorite airtight containers.)
To Reheat: Individual portions can be reheated in the microwave.
I love that this easy chicken casserole is super versatile. You can add whatever veggies you like to the chicken mixture. While I used corn, carrots, and peas, you could add broccoli, green beans, pearl onions, or whatever other veggies you like.
We recommend that you make it just as it is written on the recipe card the first time you try it. That's because we test all our recipes to make sure they taste delicious. However, the next time you make our chicken noodle bake recipe, you might want to try one of these ideas:
- This recipe can also be made using leftover holiday ham or leftover turkey. You can also use ground chicken or chicken thighs. I've even made it with ground sausage. It's so good!
- Add a sprinkle of bread crumbs or crushed Ritz crackers over the top of the casserole before baking for a little crunch. I've even heard of people putting crumbled potato chips on top! A little bit of parmesan cheese on top is good, too.
- I prefer to use homemade cream of chicken soup, however, any cream soup, such as cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup will work.
- Add ¼ cup of sour cream to the soup mixture for extra creaminess and a little tang.
- For this easy chicken noodle casserole recipe, I use wide egg noodles, but you can use other types of short pasta as well.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
Since this hearty meal is packed with veggies, noodles and protein, you really don't need a side dish. However, a light salad is always a great addition. My family is all about the carbs so I often serve this chicken casserole with buttery dinner rolls or focaccia bread.
Related: What to Serve with Chicken Casserole
😋 Similar Recipes
I am all about easy casserole recipes - they are some of my favorite comfort food. Next time, try one of these delicious recipes:
- Ro-Tel Chicken Spaghetti - a cheesy casserole with just a little kick from diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- Chicken Stuffing Casserole - creamy chicken filling with crispy stuffing on top is pure comfort food!
- Chicken Broccoli Pasta Bake - pasta and broccoli in a creamy cheese sauce is an easy meal.
- Old Fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole - ready in about 45 minutes, this creamy casserole is so good!
This creamy and cheese hashbrown casserole is loaded with chicken and topped with bacon.
It's such a yummy quick and easy dinner recipe!
Reminiscent of mac and cheese, this cheesy chicken casserole is the ultimate comfort food!
Find More Recipes
Not ready to make our chicken noodle casserole yet?
When you do make this great recipe, please come back and comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Chicken Noodle Casserole
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 can of cream soup, or 2 cups homemade Cream Soup Substitute (20 ounces)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 12 ounces egg noodles cooked according to the package directions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F.
- Use cooking spray on a 9x13 baking dish.cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream soup, and seasonings.2 can of cream soup, or 2 cups homemade Cream Soup Substitute, 1 cup milk, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, kosher salt and black pepper
- Stir in the cooked chicken and frozen vegetables with ¼ cup of the shredded cheese.2 cups frozen vegetables, 4 cups cooked chicken, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Gently fold cooked egg noodles into the creamy chicken mixture.12 ounces egg noodles
- Transfer the noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese.1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is melted on top.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Want to add this recipe to your meal plan? Download our free printable meal plan here.
Be sure to check out all our meal plan ideas here.