Kids (and adults!) will love getting in their daily serving of fruits with a bowl full of this delicious fruity treat. This fruit salad with orange juice dressing is naturally sweet and has just a hint of sugar, vanilla, and orange to bring out all the delicious flavors!
Skittles might have coined the term taste the rainbow, but I think this fruit salad is the best way to taste the rainbow! The blend of fruits and delicious sweet flavors come together to make a beautiful fruit salad recipe full of healthy ingredients!
This is super easy to make; in just 30 minutes, you can have an easy side dish for any occasion!
If you like this recipe, check out my Honey Lime Fruit Salad, too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions readers sometimes ask about this delicious recipe:
Add flavor! The best way to add flavor to your fruit salad is by adding a light fruit juice dressing. You can also lightly sweeten it with sugar, honey, or agave nectar if you like. This recipe includes instructions for dressing for fruit salad with orange juice.
Another great way to add flavor is with fresh herbs. Mint is popular with fruit but basil, parsley and even cilantro add a scrumptious and unexpected twist to your dish.
It will stay fresh and tasty longer by tossing your fruit salad with an acidic juice such as orange, lemon, lime, or pineapple juice. This is because the citric acid in those juices protect cut fruit from oxidization. No more brown fruit!
To keep fruit salad really fresh, cover it tightly and store it in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. The key is that the more airtight the seal is, the longer your fruit salad will stay tasty and fresh.
- Green grapes
- Red grapes
- Mint leaves
This is meant to be a brief overview of the recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Place the sugar, water, orange zest, juice and vanilla in a pan and stir. If you're using large oranges, reduce the amount of water being added to ½ cup.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes to thicken. Once that's done, set it aside to cool.
- Prepare the fruit and toss in a large mixing bowl with the orange juice dressing.
- Garnish with mint leaves and chill until ready to serve.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this easy recipe:
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad - fresh fruit with a sweet and tangy honey lime dressing.
- Winter Citrus Salad - loads of tart citrus flavors with greens, pomegranate arils, and cucumber.
- Best Watermelon Salad - with onions, cucumbers, lime juice, feta cheese and a little bit of mint.
Not ready to make this Fruit Salad with Orange Juice Recipe yet?
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later! When you do make it, please be sure to tag me on Instagram @jugglingactmama or #jugglingactmama – I’d love to see your pictures! And finally, if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Fruit Salad with Orange Juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ½ to 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange Zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla optional
- 2 pints strawberries hulled, halved and sliced
- 2 cups green grapes halved
- 2 cups red grapes halved
- 1 cup blueberry optional
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Place the sugar, water, orange zest, juice, and vanilla in a small pan and stir to dissolve the sugar. If it’s a big orange reduce the amount of water being added to ½ cup.½ to 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1 orange, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes to thicken.
- Set aside to cool.
- Prepare all the fruit in a large bowl, pour the cooled syrup over the top and toss together.2 pints strawberries, 2 cups green grapes, 2 cups red grapes, 1 cup blueberry
- Garnish with mint leaves and chill until ready to serve.Fresh mint leaves
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Leave a Reply