As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today I’m sharing one of my newest favorite recipes over at Miss Information – Slow Cooker Meat Lasagna.
No boiling noodles.
No spending hours simmering sauce.
It’s quick, easy and amazingly delicious!
Slow Cooker Meat Lasagna
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cans 15oz each tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 container 15oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan & Romano cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the peppers and onions until tender.
- Add the ground beef, season with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese with the grated and ricotta cheeses. Mix until well combined.
- The remaining mozzarella cheese will be for the top of the lasagna just before serving so place that back in the refrigerator.
- Spoon a fourth of the meat sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Break 5 noodles and place them on top.
- Spread half the cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Repeat the layers, ending with sauce on the top.
- Set the slow cooker to low, cover and cooker for 4-6 hours until the noodles are tender.
- About 10 minutes before serving, top with remaining mozzarella cheese, cover and let stand until the cheese is melted.