Sliced tomatoes, shaved parmesan, creamy avocado, and grilled chicken make this easy salad a total hit every time!
Traditional caprese salad includes sliced tomatoes with fresh mozzarella balls and fresh basil leaves. I've taken some creative license in making this balsamic chicken avocado caprese salad by adding slices of avocado and cucumbers.
I also swapped out the mozzarella for parmesan because hard cheeses like parmesan have less fat and higher protein).
Whether you decide to make this with parmesan or mozzarella cheese, I'm pretty sure you're going to find this is one of your favorite salads!
- grilled chicken
- salad greens
- parmesan cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- brown sugar
- fresh garlic
- fresh basil
- flaked sea salt
- sesame seeds (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- Make the balsamic dressing.
- Assemble the salad.
- Add the dressing on top of the salad.
- Garnish with fresh basil, sesame seeds, and flaked sea salt.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this chicken avocado salad recipe:
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
- Serve with our avocado ranch dressing instead of balsamic salad dressing.
- Use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or our healthy pulled chicken recipe instead of grilled chicken.
- Substitute grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes if you prefer.
- Try this zesty southwest salad dressing instead of the balsamic dressing.
- Sprinkle a little bit of basil salt on top before serving.
To Store: Store undressed salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. (These are my favorite airtight containers.)
More Caprese Recipes
😋 Similar Recipes
Next time, try one of these delicious recipes:
Related: Salads with Chicken - scrumptious salad ideas with chicken to make yummy and healthy entrees.
Not ready to make a delicious salad recipe yet? When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cooked chicken breasts or chicken thigh fillets
- 5 cups salad greens chopped and rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes sliced
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 cup cucumbers chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Flaked sea salt optional
- sesame seeds optional
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, and minced garlic.¼ cup balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.salt and pepper to taste
- Add the romaine to a large bowl.5 cups salad greens
- Top with cooked chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, and parmesan cheese.1 cup tomatoes, 1 avocado, 1 cup cucumbers, ½ cup parmesan cheese, 4 cooked chicken breasts or chicken thigh fillets
- Drizzle the balsamic dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with fresh basil, flaked sea salt, and sesame seeds, if desired.¼ cup fresh basil leaves, Flaked sea salt, sesame seeds
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.