Stuck inside with antsy kids on a cold, snowy day? Get rid of the boredom bug with these fun snow day indoor activities. From fake snow to indoor play with the real thing and everything in between, you'll never hear "I'm bored!" on a snow day again.
We love snow here, but sometimes we get snow days when you just can't bare being outside, even for a few minutes. You know... those days when it's -20 degrees with the windchill and stepping outside just for a minute is cutting. Well, on those days, you need to keep the fun indoors. Either bring some snow inside for some of these fun activities, make a cute snow-themed craft, or make some fake snow for hours of sensory play.
You're going to love these snow day indoor activities!
Make some faux snow for hours of sensory fun and play.
Snowflake slime is lots of ooey, gooey fun.
Speaking of Frozen, this sparkly play dough is sure to be a hit.
Color and work on vocabulary with this fun and educational snow day printable pack.
Bring the chilly fun inside with this activity! Ice Cube Painting is easy to set up and good old-fashioned (slightly) messy fun.
Grab Dad's shaving cream and use it to make beautiful paintings. Really! Shaving Cream Painting is easy and fun.
We are fans of Disney princesses at our house so it wouldn't be uncommon to find us watching The Little Mermaid and then creating Mermaid Slime!
If you need to get the kids outside for just a few minutes on a snow day, have them grab some rocks from your garden bed and then spend the afternoon painting! Use my tutorial What to Paint on a Rock for inspiration, but the sky (er, the rock!) is the limit.
Encourage their love of reading with fun DIY Craft Stick Bookmarks.
If your kids love slime (mine sure do!), then you must give this Fluffy and Edible Slime Recipe a try. It's easy and safe to eat.
- Build your own snowman in a bag. It's all the fun of making a snowman without the cold hands and snow-covered mittens!
- This yummy Canadian-inspired treat: maple syrup snow candy. Grab some snow, bring it inside and make a few treats for yourself and the kids.
- Give your brains a little workout with this cute snowflake memory game.
- Bring the snow indoors! My son loved pushing his trains and cars through his snow sensory tray.
- Make some delicious snow ice cream from all that snow outside.
- Use your empty toilet paper rolls to make this cardboard tube snowman.
- Make some tasty marshmallow snowmen. Aren't they adorable?
- Learn about mixing colors by making snow paint.
- Use craft sticks and foam balls to create snowball sculptures.
- Create a snow window with contact paper and pieces of cotton you have around the house.
- Get ready to get messy! This puffy paint melted snowman craft is so much squishy fun for little hands.
- I cannot believe how gorgeous these bottle cap snowflakes are. Save them to decorate the Christmas tree in December!
- Snow days are great for science experiments. Try this snowflake winter science lab and learn together.
- Put on a puppet show with these no-sew snowman sock puppets. How fun!
We hope you enjoyed this collection of fun snow day indoor activities! You might also like our Snow Day Bucket List!
More Project Ideas Perfect for Snow Days!
- Easy Sharpie Craft Projects Anyone Can Do
- Homemade Play Dough
- 25 Pinecone Crafts and Learning Activities