Make Easy Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits for dinner for a comfort food meal perfect for cold evenings!
As a long-time fan of Nicholas Sparks, I’m excited about this opportunity to share my recipe for Chicken and Dumplings inspired by The Choice with you. It may not seem like a romantic dinner choice, but I think a date night should be comfortable, not fussy. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. #TheChoiceMovie #ad
Have you read The Choice by Nicholas Sparks? Well it’s now a movie coming into theaters on February 5th. It is about making difficult choices of the heart to find your destiny and perfect match in love. The main characters, Travis and Gabby, have to #ChooseLove to be together. It’s a great love story just in time for Valentine’s Day. Check out the trailer here. I’m a sucker for Nicholas Sparks books. Perhaps it’s because I’m a strong proponent of following your heart in love and life. His books are all about living in the moment, and seemingly always about choosing love. Of course, it doesn’t have to be romantic love, it can be the love of your children, or your work. Or chicken and dumplings. No really, wait until you try this recipe!
Savoring time together, like Travis and Gabby do, is the best way to show you love someone. This one pot meal is easy to put together so you don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing it. At the end of a long day, and with the kids hustled off to bed, it’s nice to unwind with an uncomplicated evening with your significant other.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits Shopping List
- chicken breasts
- refrigerator biscuits
From the pantry:
- cream of chicken soup
- poultry seasoning
- chicken stock
- dried tarragon
- dried parsley
- salt and pepper
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits
This one-pot meal is a favorite in our house because it’s simple to make and such a warm comforting meal!
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 small onion diced small
- 3 celery ribs diced small
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 10-3/4 oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 refrigerator biscuits cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a 4 quart dutch oven and cook the onion and celery until soft over medium high heat Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned.
- Add the chicken stock, carrots, soup, and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer.
- Add the bite-sized pieces of biscuits into the pot one at a time. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally so the dumplings don't stick to one another.
- Serve hot with a nice glass of white wine!
Pro Tip: Use a microplane to grate the garlic super fine!
Is there a better comfort food than Chicken and Dumplings? This dish is so flavorful! Spending time in the kitchen together is a great way to reconnect with one another. I hope you’ll get a chance to make this soon! Send the kids off to the grandparent’s or a friend, and enjoy a little one-on-one time with this delicious comfort food meal!
I just love how warm and cozy the aroma of the chicken and dumplings adds to the house. After all, what savory smell is better than onions cooking in butter?
Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes:
from left to right:
- When you don’t have a lot of time to prep a meal, plan ahead and make Slow Cooker Honey Chicken instead. The house will smell amazing and the kids will gobble it up!
- Mini Shepherd’s Pie is a reader favor and super easy to make ahead. It freezes well also so it’s a great meal to make for a new mom or elderly loved one.
- Chorizo Sheet Pan Dinner is delicious and has the least amount of clean up – just one pan, and it’s lined with foil! Prep the veggies a couple days ahead of time and then just grab them from the fridge when it’s time to pop it in the oven!
- For a super fast weeknight dinner, I made Chicken Tortilla Soup. It’s full of big flavor and tastes amazing! This is another one that is lovely to make a double batch, and give to a friend that might be sick or needing a hand.
What’s your favorite easy comfort food meal?