Chili Pot Pie, also sometimes called Jiffy Cornbread Chili Casserole, is made with leftover chili and has a sweet cornbread crust. If your whole family loves comfort food, you have to add this to your collection of easy dinner recipes!
Spicy chili topped with super easy cornbread is an awesome weeknight meal!
If you like our chili cornbread cups, then you're going to love this cornbread chili casserole!
I love making this easy chili cornbread casserole recipe when I have leftover chili on hand. You can use any one of our yummy chili recipes, or choose your favorite chili recipe.
- When I have ground beef, I love making this sweet and spicy chili - it's full of diced onions, green peppers, and chili seasoning.
- Leftover turkey, or lean ground turkey, makes tasty turkey chili, and I really love this slow cooker chicken chili recipe with dark red kidney beans and a bit of BBQ sauce.
- And while it's not as common, pumpkin chili is totally delish, too. Don't worry, it's still a savory chili!
- If you prefer, give this hearty vegan chili with butternut squash, pasta, and fire-roasted tomatoes a try.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
Pot pies are always a great family dinner, but what I really love about this dish is that it's a pot pie with no pie crust needed! Here are a few other reasons to love our chili cornbread bake:
- it's a great way to use up leftover chili
- only a handful of simple ingredients
- ready in about 35-40 minutes
Here is what you'll need to make this easy dinner of cornbread chili pie:
This is meant to be a brief overview of this great recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below.
- Spray a pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon the leftover chili into the prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornbread mix with the egg and milk.
- Spoon cornbread mixture over the top of the chili.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350-degree oven until golden brown.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this easy recipe:
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
✔️ If you have a lot of leftover chili, portion it into gallon size freezer bags so that you can just take out exactly how much you need to make this yummy family dinner. It thaws perfectly in the fridge overnight.
✔️ Since ovens vary, so does the baking time. I suggest using a tester to check if the cornbread is done: insert the toothpick into the cornbread crust. If the tester comes out clean or with a few crumbs, you're good to go.
To Store: Chili cornbread pot pie can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. Be sure to keep leftovers in an airtight container.
To Reheat: Microwave individual servings in 30 second intervals until heated through.
The first time you try any new recipe we recommend that you make it just as it is written on the recipe card since that is how the recipe has been tested. However, the next time you make our recipe, you might want to try one of these ideas:
- Short on time? Use store-bought canned chili - no judgment here!
- Add a layer of shredded cheese between the chili and cornbread before baking.
- This can also be made in a 12-inch skillet, square baking dish, or casserole dish.
- If you prefer, use store-bought or homemade biscuit dough instead of cornbread mix for the top crust.
- If you're a little shy of 4 cups of chili, add some additional chili beans or whole kernel corn to the leftover chili.
- Use ramekins or mini pie plates to make individual pot pies.
- If you like spice, add a sprinkle of chili powder on top of the cornbread crust.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
Serve this great meal with your favorite chili toppings like sour cream, cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos, tortilla chips, or even some sliced avocado or homemade guacamole.
😋 Similar Recipes
If you like pot pie recipes, then you're going to need to check out these delicious recipes for another night!
- Ham Pot Pie - with puff pastry crust - great for holiday leftovers
- Beef Pot Pie - rich and savory made-from-scratch sauce
- Chicken Pot Pie - classic comfort food with a flaky crust
- Turkey Pot Pie - perfect for a cold day
Related: What to do with Leftover Chili
Not ready to make this Chili Pot Pie yet?
When you do make this delicious casserole, please come back and comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Chili Pot Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups leftover chili
- 1 8.5 ounce Jiffy box cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- Spray a pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon the leftover chili into the prepared pan.4 cups leftover chili
- Prepare the cornbread according to the package directions: in a mixing bowl, combine the cornbread mix with the egg and milk.1 8.5 ounce Jiffy box cornbread mix, 1 egg, ⅓ cup milk
- Spoon the cornbread batter over the top of the chili.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.