These Chili Potato Skins are a fun and easy spin on more traditional potato skins. They're super easy to make, and oh-so-very delicious! A huge-crowd please, they make for a great game day grub. You can prep them ahead of time, and then pop them in the oven at the last minute!
For the chili, I use one of these tried and true favorite recipes:
But, if you're in a big rush, you could always used store-bought canned chili, too.
If you want to 'kick it up a notch,' you could add some crispy bacon to the top just after you melt the cheese.
Serve these with a little sour cream on the side, and you've got a great appetizer!
Chili Potato Skins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1-½ cups shredded white and yellow cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chili
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450-degrees. Poke holes in the baked potatoes and rub with olive oil. Season with salt, then wrap in foil.
- Bake for 1 hour - gently test the potato for doneness using a fork. If tender, remove, if not, continue baking, checking every 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and use an oven mitt and sharp knife to cut each potato in half. Allow to cool 15 minutes before scooping out some of the potato (leave a thin layer of potato in the skin).
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees. Fill each of the potato skins with ½ cup of chili and ¼ cup of cheese. Arrange the potato skins on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
I love every single thing about these. They're just so delicious - I can't wait for you to give them a try!
Want more game day ideas?
I've got tons here in my collection of "best snacks for game day!"
More Great Recipes:
- Beef Queso Dip
- Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Bombs
- Spicy Hot Wings
- Corn Muffin Chili Cups
- Chili Stuffed Peppers