These Chili Potato Skins are a fun and easy spin on more traditional potato skins. They're super easy to make, and oh-so-very delicious! A huge-crowd please, they make for a great game day grub. You can prep them ahead of time, and then pop them in the oven at the last minute!
For the chili, I use one of these tried and true favorite recipes:
- Sweet & Spicy Chili for a Crowd
- Octoberfest Pumpkin Chili
- Slow Cooker Chuck Wagon Chili
- Crockpot Chicken Chili
- Leftover Turkey Chili
But, if you're in a big rush, you could always used store-bought canned chili, too.
If you want to 'kick it up a notch,' you could add some crispy bacon to the top just after you melt the cheese.
Serve these with a little sour cream on the side, and you've got a great appetizer!
I love every single thing about these. They're just so delicious - I can't wait for you to give them a try!
More Great Recipes
Next time, try one of these great game day recipes:
- Beef Queso Dip
- Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Bombs
- Spicy Hot Wings
- Corn Muffin Chili Cups
- Chili Stuffed Peppers
And you can't go wrong with these Cheesy Tater Tots with Bacon!
Related: Leftover Chili Recipes
Chili Potato Skins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1-½ cups shredded white and yellow cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chili
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450-degrees. Poke holes in the baked potatoes and rub with olive oil. Season with salt, then wrap in foil.
- Bake for 1 hour - gently test the potato for doneness using a fork. If tender, remove, if not, continue baking, checking every 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and use an oven mitt and sharp knife to cut each potato in half. Allow to cool 15 minutes before scooping out some of the potato (leave a thin layer of potato in the skin).
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees. Fill each of the potato skins with ½ cup of chili and ¼ cup of cheese. Arrange the potato skins on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.