Easy weeknight pasta with salsa, ground beef and pasta shells - and lots of cheese!
You know those nights when getting a meal on the table seems like the biggest chore ever? I'm there, a lot!
Since cooking is a part of my 'day job,' I'm often sick of it by the time dinner rolls around. Instead of giving in and ordering pizza (again), I rummaged through my pantry to come up with some simple ingredients to make this Quick Cheesy Taco Shell Skillet meal.
Think of like the most delicious homemade Hamburger Helper ever! But forget dicing up tomatoes, onions and jalapenos - use store bought salsa to save time. Plus, you can make this as spicy (or not) as you like by using mild, medium or hot salsa.
I used my homemade Taco Seasoning Mix, but in a pinch, the store bought stuff will do, too. Or use about 1 teaspoon each of cumin coriander, granulated garlic, and onion powder with 2 tablespoons chili powder and ½ teaspoon of oregano.
More Weeknight Meal Ideas
Quick Cheesy Taco Shell Skillet
Quick Cheesy Taco Shell SkilletAdd to Your Recipe BoxGo to Collections Print Pin Rate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 oz pasta shells
- 1-½ cups salsa I used medium
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1-½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- In the meantime, brown the beef in a large cast iron skillet. Season with taco seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Add the salsa to the pan and toss to coat. Cook about 3 minutes, then add the pasta and mix.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mix 1 cup of the cheese into the meat and pasta mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Christina @ Christina, Plain and Simple says
Huh. I would not have thought to do this. It sort of reminds me of homemade hamburger helper. Definitely going on my must try list.
Ang Paris says
It's very much like that, but you know EXACTLY what's in it 🙂
Yummy, I would eat this for dinner! Love that you used salsa to make it easier! I am definitely going to try this out on my family next week! 🙂