Oatmeal Monster Cookies for Valentine's Day are the perfect sweet treat to make with the kids this Valentine's Day! You're going to love this monster cookies recipe.
I love baking with my kids. There are so many positive reasons to bake with kids. It's a great bonding time, and you can talk about healthy food choices, math concepts, and more. It's really just a great thing to do with them!
This Oatmeal Monster Cookies recipe for Valentine's Day is super tasty. These cookies even have a few healthy ingredients in them.
In fact, you might be surprised to learn that there's no flour and that we've used wheat germ and milled flax seed. But you'd never know it, they are incredibly good!
Here's what you'll need to make our Oatmeal Monster Cookies:
- creamy or chunky peanut butter
- light brown sugar and granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- wheat germ
- milled flax seed
- vanilla extract, baking soda
- quick-cooking oats
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- themed chocolate-covered candies
- chopped walnuts (optional)
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or mats.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the baking soda, milled flaxseed, and wheat germ.
- Add the quick-cooking oats, mini chocolate chips, candies, and nuts.
- Use a spoonula to scrape down the sides and finish mixing everything together.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, or use a cookie scoop to portion the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Let set 1-2 minutes on the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.
Delicious chewy cookies loaded with oats, peanut butter, mini chocolate chips, and M&M candies. What could be better than that?
More Great Recipes for Kids
- Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Pretzel Granola Bars - Peanut Free
- Magic Bars Recipe with Shortbread Crust
Of course, you can make this monster cookies recipe for any sort of occasion and switch up the type of M&M candies, use different candies, or even add sprinkles. Here are a few ideas:
4th of July or Memorial Day: switch to red, white, and blue M&M candies.
St. Patrick's Day: substitute chopped mint candies or chocolate hazelnut candies.
Easter: switch to pastel M&M candies.
Christmas: substitute crushed peppermint candies and festive sprinkles.
Thanksgiving: substitute cranberries.
More Cookie Recipes
We hope you love these Oatmeal Monster Cookies! Next time, try one of these delicious recipes:
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies
- Chocolate M and M Cookies
- Homemade Twix Cookie Recipe
- Brown Sugar M and M Cookies
Oatmeal Monster Cookies
Oatmeal Monster Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ½ cups creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 4 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's plain or peanut butter chocolate candies Valentine's Day themed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the peanut butter, butter and sugars.1 ½ cups creamy or chunky peanut butter, 1 cup packed light brown sugar, 1 cup granulated white sugar, ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- Beat in the eggs.3 large eggs
- Add in the baking soda, wheat germ and milled flax seed and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 tablespoon wheat germ, 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- Add in the quick cooking oats, chocolate chips and M&M candies and mix well.4 ½ cups quick-cooking oats, 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup M&M's plain or peanut butter chocolate candies Valentine's Day themed, 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden brown, taking care not to over bake.
- Let set 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container or bag for up to 1 week.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.