Oatmeal Monster Cookies for Valentine’s Day are the perfect sweet treat to make with the kids this Valentine’s Day!
I love baking with my kids. There are so many positive reasons to bake with kids. It’s great bonding time, and you can talk about healthy food choices, math concepts, and more. It’s really just a great thing to do with them!
This Oatmeal Monster Cookies recipe for Valentine’s Day is super tasty. These cookies even have a few healthy ingredients in them.
In fact, you might be surprised to learn that there’s no flour, and that we’ve used wheat germ and milled flax seed. But you’d never know it, they are incredibly good!
Oatmeal Monster Cookie Recipe Shopping List:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am also an affiliate for other programs. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- creamy or chunky peanut butter
- light brown sugar and granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- wheat germ
- milled flax seed or Forti-Flax
- vanilla extract, baking soda
- quick cooking oats
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Valentine themed chocolate covered candies
- chopped walnuts (optional)
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $9.54Was: $11.22
Price: $5.45Was: $7.47
You Might Also Need:
- stand mixer
- cookie scoop
- baking sheet
- parchment paper or Silpat mat
- measuring cups and spoons
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $3.51Was: $5.89
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
How to Make this Oatmeal Monster Cookies Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or mats.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the baking soda, milled flax seed and wheat germ.
- Add the quick cooking oats, mini chocolate chips, candies and nuts.
- Use a spoonula to scrape down the sides and finish mixing everything together.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, or use a cookie scoop to portion the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Let set 1-2 minutes on the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.
Delicious chewy cookies loaded with oats, peanut butter, mini chocolate chips and M&M candies. What could be better than that?
I’m sharing the full Oatmeal Monster Cookies recipe over at Busy Mom’s Helper, so click the link above to get the full recipe.
More Great Recipes for Kids:
- Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Pretzel Granola Bars – Peanut Free
- Magic Bars Recipe with Shortbread Crust