Who doesn’t love a holiday that’s all about celebrating loved ones in the sweetest way?! Valentine’s day is a great excuse to make these sweetly delicious pink and red valentine’s day sugar cookies. These are easy to make, and the dough can be made ahead of time.
Valentine's Day Sugar CookiesPrint Pin Rate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/4 tps baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter and sugar until well incorporated
- Add vanilla and egg to butter and sugar mixture
- Mix dry ingredients, and slowly add to butter and sugar mixture
- Add milk
- With an ice cream scoop, place 6 rounds of cookie dough on a cookie sheet topped with silicone baking mat
- Sprinkle the top of each cookie with pink or red sugar, sprinkles or red hot candies
- Bake 10 minutes and repeat with remaining dough
These would also be fun to cut out using heart cookie cutters. Just flour your counter and roll out the dough. Cut out shapes with cutters and follow the rest of the directions above.
These cookies are crunchy and soft – a perfect combination! To make your own colored sugar, is super easy. Just use regular granulated sugar and a drop of red food coloring. I used both my homemade and also store-bought red and magenta sanding sugar. I prefer the crunch of the sanding sugar, but in a pinch, the granulated sugar works just fine.
Have you ever dyed your own sugar? What’s your favorite way to make sugar cookies? I’d love to hear from you!