These super healthy Mango Orange Ice Pops made with fresh mango puree, orange juice, and vanilla yogurt are a great kid-friendly summer snack any time of day!
This post has been updated from June 15, 2015 on July 4th to improve reader experience.
With Ethan's food sensory issues, getting him to drink a smoothie is painful. But an ice pop goes down no problem!
These Mango Orange Ice Pops are a play on the Orange Mango Smoothie recipe I made recently. You're going to love how simple they are to make and the kids will love that they are totally delicious!
Table of contents
Plus it's packed with tons of nutrition. We're talking vitamin C and potassium from the bananas and oranges. Plus dietary fiber and vitamins A and B, too. And don't forget there's calcium from the yogurt, too.
I even let my kiddos have these as a breakfast treat sometimes. They think they're getting an extra special sweet treat, but I've got no qualms about it. There's no added sugar and it's all healthy stuff the growing bodies need!
Mango Orange Ice Pops Shopping List
- vanilla yogurt (optional)
How to Make Mango Orange Ice Pops
- Add the fruit and the yogurt (optional) to the blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour the fruit mixture into the ice pop molds.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours.
That's it's! So simple, right? And so very yummy.
How do you make popsicles not stick?
Run the ice pop mold under warm (not hot!) water for a few seconds. After that, your treats should 'pop' right out. (See what I did there?)
If the ice pops are still stuck, you can repeat the warm water rinse, but no more than 30 seconds at a time.
How long do homemade popsicles last?
Believe it or not, these ice pops will last in the fridge for up to 6 months! I would venture to say that they're not going to last that long, though.
What can I use instead of a mold?
If you don't have an ice pop mold, don't worry! Here are some other things you can use:
- small paper cups
- ice cube trays
- small baking tins
I'm not sure that there is anything you could substitute for popsicle sticks, however, so be sure you have those! Stay away from colored craft sticks as those may have dyes that are not food safe.
More Recipes for Summer
- Orange Pound Cake - something about the citrus makes this perfect for summer. Try popping it on the grill for a couple minutes and serve it with Easy Homemade Ice Cream.
- These Pink Lemonade Cupcakes from Bowl Me Over are just the thing for a fun summer get together!
- Virgin Pina Colada Smoothie - this is another summertime favorite! You can make these for the kids, or add a splash of rum for a grown up beverage.
Orange Mango Ice Pops Recipe
Don't they just look so amazingly delish?!?
Orange Mango Ice Pops
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 whole bananas, sliced
- 2 whole oranges, peeled and divided into segments
- 2 whole mangos, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt, optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth.
- To make pops, pour the mixture into a mold and freeze until solid.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.