Whether you're anticipating the start of the new school year or just trying to make summer mornings more manageable, a quick and healthy breakfast is always a good thing. This quick strawberry smoothie takes just minutes to whip up in the blender, and it is a crowd-pleaser for the whole family.
You'll also love my Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe!
Frozen strawberries, banana, lemon, and yogurt combine to create a super quick and healthy breakfast that requires little prep and easy cleanup. I used to dread being asked to make smoothies for breakfast, but this strawberry smoothie recipe has been a game-changer!
Strawberries make their annual appearance in fields where I live in mid May, so I am always intentional to freeze several gallon bags. Frozen strawberries aren't great for just eating, but they are perfect for smoothies and pies. Freezing berries to use for smoothies is a breeze, and you can see how I do that here.
Most breakfast smoothies at our house come about as a result of what we have on hand. Have some blueberries? Great, throw them in! Banana? That, too! But for this strawberry smoothie, I wanted to grab onto the taste of strawberry lemonade. It's a summertime favorite, and the taste of the sweet berries with the zesty lemon is the perfect combination.
This strawberry smoothie recipe could certainly be adapted to whatever you happen to have in your fridge. By all means, toss in a handful of spinach, which will alter the color, but not greatly affect the taste.
One of my kids favorite smoothies, which we've been making for years, is our Leprechaun Milk. And while it clearly has a spring theme, it is delicious any time of year. Spinach, bananas, and peanut butter combine perfectly in Leprechaun Milk to create a fun and tasty green drink. That's just another quick breakfast option for you busy folks out there!
- almond milk (or your favorite milk)
- plain Greek yogurt (or vanilla yogurt)
- frozen strawberries
If you do happen to use sweetened yogurt in the recipe, that's totally fine, but omit the honey. The banana and honey are what add the most sweetness to this smoothie recipe, so if you have more of a sweet tooth, feel free to add a bit more honey than what is called for.
- First. combine milk, yogurt, berries, lemon juice, and banana in the blender. Blend for 20 seconds or until the strawberries are no longer chunky.
- Once your ingredients are smooth, add in honey and blend again for 10 seconds.
- Finally add in ice. Begin with just a cup of ice and blend. If the smoothie's consistency is thick enough, then don't add any more. If you like your smoothies thicker, add another half cup of ice until the right thickness is reached.
- Serve your smoothie in a tall glass with a thick straw and enjoy!
Because we test all our recipes, we recommend that you make them once just as it is without substitutions or changes. Sometimes variations can go awry. Making our strawberry smoothie recipe as we have tested it will yield the best results. If you really want to get creative, here are some ideas for variations that might work well. (Please note, we have not tested these variations).
- First, add in a handful of baby spinach for a vitamin c and calcium boost.
- Then add a scoop of your favorite protein powder or collagen for a complete meal replacement.
- After that, put int a tablespoon of cocoa powder and extra honey for a chocolate strawberry smoothie.
- Swap out the strawberries for raspberries or blueberries for a fruity variation.
For less melting, place glass cups in the refrigerator before making the smoothies. This will help them maintain their cool temperature longer.
One recipe will yield two medium-sized smoothies, so be sure to have glasses on hand when the smoothies are ready!
Use a thicker (milkshake) straw if possible, or give kids a spoon to eat the smoothie until it melts slightly.
Check out these other delicious recipes:
Related: Find another 25+ Smoothie Recipes here.
Quick Strawberry Smoothie
A quick, tart, and sweet strawberry smoothie that is a fantastic breakfast on the go, as well as a family crowd pleaser!
If you enjoy this recipe, I'd love for you to give it 5 stars!
Quick Strawberry Smoothie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen)
- 1 banana
- ½ lemon (squeezed)
- 1-2 tablespoon honey
- ½ cups ice
- Begin by adding milk, yogurt, berries, lemon juice, and banana to blender. Blend for 20 seconds, or until strawberries are smooth.1 cup Almond Milk, ½ cup Greek yogurt (plain), 1 cup strawberries (frozen), 1 banana, ½ lemon (squeezed)
- Add honey and blend for 10 seconds more.1-2 tablespoon honey
- Add one cup of ice and blend until smooth. If smoothie is thick enough for your liking, serve. If not, add an additional ½ cup of ice until desired consistency is reached.½ cups ice
- Serve smoothies in chilled glasses and enjoy!
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
About the Author
Courtney is the content creator and head gardener at The Kitchen Garten, where she helps others learn how to grow fresh food at home and use fresh ingredients in delicious recipes. Check out her gardening tips, helps, and recipes over at The Kitchen Garten.
Love strawberries? Find dozens of strawberry recipes here.
Leave a Reply