Need a quick, healthy breakfast or snack packed full of fruit that the whole family will love? You'll get three cheers from your family when you break out the blender for the easy and delicious best blueberry smoothie! And if apples are more your jam, try my Apple Pie Smoothie too!
Mornings can be super hectic on any given day, and breakfast choices can be tough. Sugary-sweet cereals and breakfast pastries are quick, but they're loaded with sugar and usually artificial colors. This best blueberry smoothie is the perfect way to get the day started with fresh fruit, a bit of hidden spinach, no refined sugars, and a probiotic boost of kefir! This fruit smoothie is brain food at its best. (For the perfect winter smoothie, mix it up with my Pineapple Cranberry Smoothie.)
As an avid gardener, I love to use fresh produce from my garden and the grocery store to create smoothies. Since my family isn't too interested in the green smoothies at this point, I lean toward smoothies loaded with fresh (or frozen) berries, like my Greek Yogurt Strawberry Smoothie. Berries are naturally low in sugar, and they are chock full of antioxidants.
Best Blueberry Smoothie Shopping List
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Plain Kefir (or Greek Yogurt)
- Milk (your favorite type)
- Honey (optional)
How to Make the Best Blueberry Smoothie
- First, wash spinach and blueberries (especially if you froze them before they were washed.)
- After that, add blueberries, spinach, and banana to blender. Follow with milk, kefir (or yogurt, if using), lemon juice, and honey.
- Blend until all ingredients are smooth.
- Finally, pour smoothie into a glass, add a straw, and enjoy!
Best Blueberry Smoothie Variations
- Use vanilla yogurt instead of plain greek yogurt or kefir. (Omit the honey if you do this, since vanilla yogurt is sweetened.)
- Add in a tablespoon of chia seeds for a nutritional boost.
- For a vegan and dairy-free option, use almond/cashew milk and coconut milk yogurt.
- Swap out the blueberries for your favorite type of berry or whatever you have in the freezer
How to Serve the Best Blueberry Smoothie
Serve your berry smoothie in a glass bottle or cup so you can see the beautiful color while you enjoy the amazing flavor! A thick milkshake straw works best for drinking smoothies. And if you want to be extra fancy, add a mint sprig to the top and share your blueberry smoothie with a friend!
Best Blueberry Smoothie
Real fruit, super easy, and unbelievably fast, this super smoothie is sure to become a family favorite.
Best Blueberry Smoothie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ½ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- ½ cup spinach
- ⅓ cup plain kefir or swap ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Wash berries and spinach.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- 3. Blend until all ingredients are smooth. Serve in a chilled glass with a straw. Enjoy!
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
About the Author
Courtney is the master gardener, home cook, and head content creator at The Kitchen Garten, where she helps her readers learn how to garden, cook fresh food, and to live simply. You can find her on her website The Kitchen Garten or on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.