Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner Recipe
Get dinner on the table in no time and with only one pan when you serve this Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner!
I love a good one pan dish and with school back in session and after-school activities starting to add up, dinner often has to be no muss and no fuss, which is why this Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs meal is perfect for those crazy busy nights.
I know that Greek food may sound difficult, but these chicken thighs are really easy to make and even better to eat. It needs to marinate a bit though, so make sure you prep the night before. This is one of those meals you could definitely prep and store in a freezer bag in the freezer (just leave out the cheese and potatoes until you plan to cook and serve). The longer it marinates, the deeper the flavor will be.
What Are Mediterranean Spices?
Mediterranean spices come from countries that all border the Mediterranean Sea. This includes the countries of Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Spain, among others.
The most common spices in Mediterranean dishes include:
Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Shopping List:
There are only a handful of ingredients in this easy family dinner. You can make life super simple by using bottled Greek dressing. Of course, if you want to make your own dressing that’s always an option too.
- Bottle of Greek Salad Dressing
- Feta Cheese
- Chicken Thighs
- Baby Potatoes
- Cherry Tomatoes
- English Cucumber
Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Recipe
I prefer to let the chicken marinate overnight, but you can let it marinate for a few hours. Either way, you will discover that marinating a chicken will leave the thighs super juicy as they cook. They only take about 30 minutes to cook!
Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Recipe
Is your chicken marinated? Get ready for a super quick meal that your kids and family will all adore!
- 1 Bottle Greek Salad Dressing w/feta cheese feta part optional
- 5 Chicken thighs skin on, bone in
- 1 lb Baby potatoes cut in bite size chunks
- 8 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 English Cucumber diced
- 1/4 C Feta cheese crumbled
- In a large freezer bag, add the chicken thighs and one cup of the Greek dressing. Allow to marinate 12 – 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375
- In the bottom of a baking dish, line with parchment or non-stick spray
- Line the bottom of the dish with potatoes and add the marinade from the bag the chicken was in.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the potatoes
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and no red juices run from them. You can also check with a thermometer, and it should reach 165–175°F.
- When cooked, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the tomato halves, cucumber and feta cheese on top. Enjoy!
How To Make A Sugar-Free/Low-Carb Greek Marinade:
If you are trying to eat keto or low carb, you can easily change this recipe by making your own Greek marinade. My favorite recipe is below:
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
This is one of those recipes that both the kids and the adults can agree on and honestly, it would be perfect for couples too! One pan of Mediterranean Chicken would be perfect for a nice dinner at home and plenty of leftovers for lunches and dinners the rest of the week.
Mediterranean Side Dishes
Want something else to serve alongside the Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken or with leftovers? Try one of these:
From Left to Right:
Still not what you’re looking for? Try one of these recipes from some of my favorite blogs…
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad – Recipe Girl – This simple salad is full of protein and vitamins from the chickpeas, feta cheese, and olives.
One Pot Mediterranean Turkey Sausage and Rice – Bowl of Delicious – This vibrant meal only takes 30 minutes to make and is packed with veggies.
Mediterranean Chicken and Spinach Casserole – Joy Filled Eats – This is such a delicious way to sneak iron-rich spinach into your family’s next meal.