As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy beef stroganoff is a perfect weeknight family dinner. It is quick, creamy and flavorful just like you’d expect. Instant pot beef stroganoff is a must have in your recipe box!
Make a fabulous dinner without a ton of effort and only one pot to clean! This easy instant pot beef stroganoff is a perfect weeknight meal. It is a creamy, delicious supper that will fill them up and make you look like a rock star.
Quick and easy dinners are a must all year long for busy families. There is always something going on, but that doesn’t meat we don’t want to put a good dinner on the table. Of course there are bonus points if it is economical as well!
Luckily this beef stroganoff recipe ticks all of those boxes. You can use cheaper cuts of beef and stretch it with mushrooms and pasta. The results are a family friendly meal without a ton of work.
The instant pot is a great way to get dinner on the table quickly. With the benefit of being able to add flavor by browning right in the pot and the speediness of pressure cooking, it can do it all! Plus once you get going, it is mostly hands off cooking.
If you have never done pasta in a pressure cooker, you don’t know what you are missing. There is no fear of boiling over and it has the added flavor of cooking right in with everything else. (Plus there’s no extra pot to clean!!!)
Creamy spaghetti and meatballs in the instant pot is a great example of that. You can start with frozen meatballs and dry spaghetti and have a family friendly dinner on the table in no time flat. Whip up a little garlic bread and a salad while it cooks and life will be extra good!
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Shopping List:
- 1.5 pounds beef stew meat or beef roast cut into cubes
- egg noodles
- beef broth
- optional: dry wine
- sour cream
From the pantry: salt, pepper, dried thyme, flour, Worcestershire sauce
How To Make Easy Beef Stroganoff
Making this beef stroganoff is quick and easy.
- Start by browning the beef to add flavor. The saute function on the instant pot makes this easy.
- Next soften the onions.
- After that, cook down a bit of flour and add the liquid. Cook on high pressure to cook the beef and make it nice and tender.
- Next add the egg noodles and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally stir in the sour cream and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
That’s it! Dinner will be on the table in no time!
Because we test all our recipes, we recommend that you make them once just as it is without substitutions or changes. Sometimes variations can go awry. Making our Instant Beef Stroganoff recipe as we have tested it will yield the best results. If you really want to get creative, here are some ideas for variations that might work well. (Please note, we have not tested these variations).
- The dry wine adds a lot of flavor to the final dish, but feel free to substitute more beef broth if that is your preference.
- Substitute button or chanterelle mushrooms for the baby portabella mushrooms.
- Don’t like mushrooms? Leave them out! Just add a bit more beef.
Tips for Cooking in the Instant Pot
You want to make sure to get all of the flour off the bottom of the pan when you deglaze. Those brown bits add a lot of flavor to the sauce, but getting them off the bottom will also help prevent the instant pot from giving you the burn message.
Sometimes when you cook starchy food like pasta in the instant pot, the steam release can spit starchy liquid. Cover the release with a damp cloth to help prevent a mess!
The quicker you get the pasta in and the lid shut again, the more quickly it will come back up to pressure. The more steam and heat you let out, the longer it will take to return to full pressure.
Making Easy Beef Stroganoff in the Instant Pot
In just a few short steps you can have a creamy and delicious dinner on the table thanks to the magic of a pressure cooker. This yummy meal will fill up your family without a ton of effort.
If you enjoy this recipe, I’d love for you to give it 5 stars!
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1.5 pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 onion diced
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoons thyme
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup dry red wine (replace with beef stock if desired)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces egg noodles uncooked
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat vegetable oil in 6 quart or larger instant pot using the saute feature. Sprinkle beef cubes with salt and pepper. Brown beef cubes in the oil, working in batches if necessary.
- Add the diced onion, mushrooms and garlic powder to the pot and continue to saute until the onions are softened.
- Sprinkle in the thyme and flour. Saute for 3-4 more minutes, stirring frequently, to cook out the flour taste.
- Use the 1/4 cup of wine or beef broth the deglaze the bottom of the pan. Be sure to get up as much flour and browned bits as you can. Stir in the remaining beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Stir in the egg noodles and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Once again, quick the release the pressure.
- Stir in the sour cream and adjust the seasonings to your taste.
More Delicious Recipes:
- Salsa Chicken in the Instant Pot – this recipe is another super flavorful and fast pressure cooker dinner. You can start with dried beans or canned beans and make fun burrito bowls in no time.
- Ham and Beans in the Instant Pot – if you are a fan of ham and beans, you have to try them in the instant pot. You don’t have to soak your beans ahead of time and you get creamy delicious beans in just a fraction of the cook time!
- Instant Pot Beef Stew– get that delicious cooked all day beef stew flavor so much quicker in the pressure cooker. This family friendly dinner will fill them up and packs a big flavor.