I love the holidays and am always looking for something delicious to take for hostess gifts! And it has to be easy to make, right? These Peppermint Sandwich Cookies are not only easy to make but pretty too!
You won’t believe the crazy ingredient in this cookie! I started with Ritz Crackers! That’s right crackers! They are crisp and flaky and have just a hint of salt!
I just love how easy these are to make and they are so impressive! Because they are just so dang pretty!
Now let me tell you they taste pretty good too as I mentioned that hint of salt balances out all the flavors.
See the peppermint patty inside? And the flaky crispy cracker? Perfection if you ask me! I love to work with chocolate and these are super easy to dip! Then when the chocolate has set you drizzle the white candy over them and sprinkle with the crushed peppermint candy! Easy Peasy!!
- 48 Ritz Crackers
- 1 lb dark Chocolate Candy Melts
- 24 mini peppermint chocolate patties
- Crushed peppermint candies
- 4 oz melted white candy melts
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on baking sheet, place 24 Ritz Crackers on baking sheet. Top with mini peppermint chocolate patties and place in over for approx 2-3 minutes until candies melt. Remove from oven and place another Ritz Cracker on top or melted candy lightly pressing down to flatten candy. Repeat until all candies have been covered with another Ritz Cracker. Place in refrigerator for about 10 minutes to let candy harden. While crackers are in the refrigerator, place chocolate candy melts in microwave proof bowl and melt in microwave using 20 second intervals making sure to stir in between. When candy is smooth remove crackers from refrigerator and dip in melted chocolate candy melts. Gently shake off excess chocolate and place on parchment covered cookie sheet or tray. Melt white candy melts in microwave save bowl using 20 second intervals. When melted drizzle over cookies and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy. Let set up. Eat and enjoy!