Wooden Spoon Garden Markers are a fun and cute project you can do to add a little whimsy to your vegetable garden. Get the full tutorial below.
Every year, we plant a small garden in our back yard. It’s a nice way to connect with nature and teach the kids all kinds of lessons about where their food comes from and how it grows. This year, we made our own Wooden Spoon Garden Markers. It’s pretty easy, honestly. You don’t have to be an accomplished artist to make these cute garden markers. You just need a few simple inexpensive materials. You can pick up cheap wooden spoons at the Dollar Store. I used hair spray to coat them, it gives a shine and protects the paint, and there’s no need for an acrylic overlay!
Wooden Spoon Garden Markers
Here’s how to make these cute Wooden Spoon Garden Markers:
Craft Paint ( We have this 18 Piece Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint Set that works great)
- Paint the spoons all white, allow to dry.
- Decide which vegetables you need each spoon for and paint a picture on the large part.
- Use the sharpie to write the name of the vegetable down the spoon handle. (You can paint this if you have a fine brush, but we think it is easier to use a marker)
- Allow the spoons to dry completely.
- In a well ventilated area, spray the spoons (front and back) with aerosol hair spray. The hair spray will coat the spoons protecting the paint and giving them a nice shine!
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like these fun summery ideas for your backyard:
Our sweet DIY Rustic Succulent Garden is fun to make with the kids!