Our sweet and tart Pomegranate Punch is the perfect festive beverage for holiday parties and can be made with or without alcohol.
If made with alcohol, this recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly.
I just love celebrating the holidays with my family and friends. I've been making versions of this Pomegranate Punch for years now and it's always a hit with everyone, just like this Chocolate Bundt Cake I served at my last holiday party.
Cider and eggnog are great, but for me, there's nothing more festive than the combination of cranberry and pomegranate flavors!
I adore the mixture of pomegranate and cranberry juices. The pucker from the cranberry and hint of lime are perfectly complemented by the sweetness of the pomegranate juice. Add your favorite alcoholic or non-alcoholic bubbly drink as desired for the perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas Punch!
Serve this festive punch on Christmas Eve or for any holiday event (it's great for Thanksgiving, too!) and customize it any way you want. Whip up a batch of my Pomegranate Cupcakes too. You won't regret it.
For a non-alcoholic Christmas Punch omit the sparkling wine, prosecco or champagne and use sparkling white grape juice or sparkling apple cider.
- pomegranate and cranberry juices
- ginger ale
- limes and oranges
- sparkling wine, prosecco or champagne
- whole cranberries
- pomegranate seeds
- Torani Pomegranate syrup
*To make a mocktail, use (1) 750mL of sparkling white grape juice or sparkling apple cider.
Related: Sparkling Cotton Candy Mocktails
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Setting the Party Atmosphere
Of course, decorations go a long way toward making your party festive, but it's the little things that make it really special. Be sure to plan what you will serve and include a few easy make-ahead type recipes, such as Mocha Truffles and our fun Antipasto Sticks which can be done up the day before. Easy Christmas Cookie Bark is a great recipe to make ahead also.
A simple but tasty Meat and Cheese Platter is always a hit and can be assembled quickly just before the party.
Tangy tart fruits like pomegranate and cranberries pair very well with brie and cheddar cheeses. This punch is also tasty with apples and cucumbers.
Festive Idea: Instead of Mimosas, serve cranberry pomegranate champagne punch on Christmas morning!
Pro-Tip: Make Cranberry-Pomegranate Ice Cubes
No one wants a watered-down punch, right? The trick to keeping your punch cold but not watered down is to make some Cranberry-Pomegranate cubes ahead of time. It's really easy to do.
- Just combine equal amounts of cranberry and pomegranate juices and pour into extra-large ice cube trays filling two-thirds of the way full.
- Add a little extra festive touch with fresh cranberries and pomegranate seeds in each well in the mold.
- Freeze until solid.
You can also make a festive ice ring for your punch bowl using a bundt pan. Pour cranberry juice into a bundt pan until you have about 2 inches of liquid in the bottom. Add pomegranate seeds, orange slices, and other fresh fruit on top. Freeze for 3-4 hours, then add two more inches of juice on top and freeze until solid. Just before serving, set the ice ring into the punch bowl.
Because we test all our recipes, we recommend that you make them once just as it is without substitutions or changes. Sometimes variations can go awry. Making our Pomegranate Punch recipe as we have tested it will yield the best results. If you really want to get creative, here are some ideas for variations that might work well. (Please note, we have not tested these variations).
- Use reduce the pomegranate and cranberry juices to ⅔ cup each and add ⅔ cup of orange juice.
- pomegranate rum punch: substitute the champagne, prosecco, or sparkling wine with 1-2 cups of rum.
- pomegranate vodka punch: substitute the champagne, prosecco, or sparkling wine with 1-2 cups of vodka.
Sparkling Pomegranate Punch
Here's how to make a non-alcoholic version.
Use (1) 750mL of sparkling white grape juice or sparkling apple cider in place of the alochol. You could also use ginger ale, club soda, or a lemon-lime soda.
Once you give this versatile recipe a try, it will become a new holiday tradition! Will you serve it with sparkling white grape juice or champagne?
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Christmas Punch
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons Torani Pomegrante syrup
- 3 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 750 mL bottles of sparkling wine, prosecco or champagne, chilled
- ½ cup whole cranberries
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 limes, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, mix together the pomegranate, cranberry, orange juice and lime juice along with the Pomegranate syrup. Add the lime and orange zest and stir to combine.1 cup pomegranate juice, 1 orange, zested and juiced, 1 cup cranberry juice, 2 tablespoons Torani Pomegrante syrup, 3 limes, zested and juiced
- Add the whole cranberries, pomegranate seeds, and orange and lime wheels. Chill until time to serve.½ cup whole cranberries, ½ cup pomegranate seeds, 2 limes, sliced, 2 oranges, sliced
- Just before serving, add the chilled sparkling wine, prosecco or champagne. Add in the ice cubes.1 750 mL bottles of sparkling wine, prosecco or champagne, chilled
Sparkling Pomegranate PunchHere's how to make a non-alcoholic version. Use (1) 750mL of sparkling white grape juice or sparkling apple cider in place of the alochol. You could also use gingerale, club soda, or a lemon-lime soda.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.