An easy and delicious chocolate and peppermint cookie that the whole family will love – it’s perfect for the holiday season!
Hey y’all! Its Jamie from Love Bakes Good Cakes! I’m back this month with a super simple and delicious Chocolate and Peppermint Cookies recipe. It seems most of bloggyland is transitioning over to all things Winter – so I’m jumping on the bandwagon!
It’s been a heck of a month at the Love Bakes Good Cakes house. Next week, my oldest son will be leaving to go to culinary school. As a mom, you can imagine that I’m a mess of emotions. While I am excited for him, I don’t know how well I’m going to handle that drive to the airport. If you happen to have any advice for a momma facing her first kiddo leaving the nest, I’m all ears!
Before he leaves home, Elijah, wanted to bake some cookies. He’s kinda the official cookie baker in our house …. so I’m not sure what I’m going to do after he leaves. I am not particularly fond of making cookies. I had some peppermint baking chips from our last grocery store visit, so he adapted my pudding cookie recipe to make these yummy little treats. I hope y’all enjoy!
Chocolate & Peppermint Cookies
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 box 3.4 oz. instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, salt and instant pudding. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in the peppermint baking chips. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Allow to cool for3 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to cooling rack to cool completely. Store in a covered container.
There’s not much better than a delicious cookie with peppermint for the holidays! (You should also try Ang’s Peppermint Sandwich Cookies if you love the chocolate and peppermint combo. They’re delicious.)