You know those nights when getting a meal on the table seems like the biggest chore ever? I’m there, a lot! Since cooking is a part of my ‘day job,’ I’m often sick of it by the time dinner rolls around. Instead of giving in and ordering pizza (again), I rummaged through my pantry to come up with some simple ingredients to make this Quick Cheesy Taco Shell Skillet meal. Think of like the most delicious homemade Hamburger Helper ever! But forget dicing up tomatoes, onions and jalapenos – use store bought salsa to save time. Plus, you can make this as spicy (or not) as you like by using mild, medium or hot salsa.
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 8oz pasta shells
- 1-1/2 cups salsa (I used medium)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- In the meantime, brown the beef in a large cast iron skillet. Season with taco seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Add the salsa to the pan and toss to coat. Cook about 3 minutes, then add the pasta and mix.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mix 1 cup of the cheese into the meat and pasta mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Want more week night meal ideas?