You will love how easy it is to make your own copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad at home!
The Panera poppyseed salad is my most favorite salad. It's sweet from all the fresh fruit and the creamy dressing is just divine.
With the warmer weather, I just don't feel like cooking as much and I crave the Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad. Since we don't have a Panera nearby, I make my own version at home.
The great thing about this salad is you can pretty much use whatever kind of chicken you want. Here I'm using cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts. However, you could also use rotisserie chicken, pulled chicken, or whatever leftover chicken you happen to have on hand.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Delicious and colorful salad that even kids love.
- Quick and easy - great for busy weeknights.
- This tasty salad is a great way to use up leftover chicken.
- romaine lettuce
- baby spinach
- pineapple chunks
- mandarin oranges
- poppy seeds
This is meant to be a brief overview of the Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe. For step-by-step instructions and a full printable recipe card with ingredients, please scroll down to the teal box below or Jump to Recipe.
- Toss together the spinach and romaine in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken.
- Top with additional fresh fruit and sprinkle with nuts and poppyseeds.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is what you will need to make this panera bread copycat recipe:
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
To Store: Store undressed salad leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. (These are my favorite airtight containers.
The first time you try any new recipe we recommend that you make it just as it is written on the recipe card since that is how the recipe has been tested. However, the next time you make our copycat Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad recipe, you might want to try one of these ideas:
- Try our Orange Poppy Seed Dressing recipe instead of poppyseed.
- Add a sprinkle of feta cheese or blue cheese crumbles on top.
- Instead of canned pineapple and mandarin oranges, grab some whole mandarin oranges and fresh pineapple from the produce section at your grocery store.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
This meal is pretty much perfect like it is, but you can pretend you're at Panera and add some crusty bread on the side!
How to Make Poppyseed Dressing
- ¾ cup mayo
- ¼ cup half and half
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Taste and add additional seasonings as needed.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Find More Salads You'll Love
😋 Similar Recipes
Next time, try one of these delicious salad recipes:
Related: Salads with Chicken - never get bored with your salad again. So many ideas for pairing chicken with mouthwatering veggies and fruits.
Not ready to make this yummy strawberry salad yet? When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped and rinsed
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained well
- 1 16 ounce package fresh strawberries, washed, cored, and quartered
- 1 15 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 to 4 cooked chicken
- ½ cup roasted pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Poppy Seed dressing to taste (homemade or store-bought)
- Toss together the spinach and romaine in a large bowl.2 heads romaine lettuce, 3 cups baby spinach
- Add the chicken.3 to 4 cooked chicken
- Top with additional fruit and sprinkle with nuts and poppyseeds.1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained well, 1 16 ounce package fresh strawberries, washed, cored, and quartered, 1 15 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained well, 1 cup fresh blueberries, ½ cup roasted pecans, 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Serve with poppy seed dressing.Poppy Seed dressing
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Sign up for our emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam.
More Healthy Strawberry Recipes
Want to add this recipe to your meal plan? Download our free printable meal plan here.
Be sure to check out all our meal plan ideas here.