Need something different for dinner? Try this 15 minute Mandarin Orange Salad with Chicken!
Our Asian-inspired Mandarin Orange Salad with Rotisserie Chicken is fast, simple and delicious with many ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Mandarin Orange Salad couldn’t be easier to make! Even though this is a super quick meal, I use rotisserie chicken to cut down on prep time even more. If you are trying to get your children to eat more vegetables, this salad is a great choice. The iceberg and romaine lettuces are crisp, but not bitter, and the sweet juicy Mandarin oranges add so much flavor and texture. The dressing is mild, with a hint of ginger and soy sauce that really compliments all the other ingredients in the Mandarin salad.
What are Mandarin Oranges?
Shopping List for Mandarin Orange Salad with Chicken
- Romaine or Red Leaf Lettuce
- Ice Berg Lettuce
- Green Onions
- Slivered Almonds
- Canned Mandarin oranges
- Chow Mein Noodles
- Poppy Seeds
- Rotisserie Chicken
- White Vinegar
- Canola Oil
- Fresh Ginger
- Soy Sauce
- salt and pepper
Items You May Need
This post contains affiliate links; we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too! For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Salad Bowl
- Salad Tongs
- Whisk (these are the ones I use) or a mason jar
- Cutting Board and a Good Knife
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
How to Carve a Rotisserie Chicken
- Place the chicken on a cutting board breast-side up. Remove any twine holding the legs together.
- Use a large fork to help steady the chicken and hold it in place while you pull one leg away from the breast and slice it where it connects to the rest of the bird. Repeat with the other leg.
- Hold the wing tip with one hand while you use the knife to slice between the wing and the breast.
- Separate the thighs and the drumsticks by slicing through the joint.
- Remove the breast from each side by slicing where it meets the bones.
- Now that all the meat is off the carcass, you can easily chop or shred it as desired.
Mandarin Orange Salad with Chicken
Mandarin Orange Salad with Chicken
- 1 bunch romaine or red leaf lettuce
- 1 head ice berg lettuce
- 4 green onions chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1-2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Chop or tear the lettuces into bite size pieces. Wash and dry well.
Pour the lettuces into a large bowl and toss.
Top the salad with the chopped green onions, slivered almonds, mandarin oranges, chow mein noodles, poppy seeds, and chicken.
Add the dressing ingredients to a medium jar. Cover tightly with a lid and then shake well.
Pour the dressing over the salad then toss to combine all ingredients.
Make this Mandarin Chicken Salad your own!
- Substitute red cabbage or shredded carrots for an extra burst of color and texture.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chili-garlic sauce to the dressing for a kick.
- Add in one red bell pepper, chopped, for color and flavor.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top, the combination of the feta and mandarins is delicious!
- Add thinly sliced red onions for a sharp bite and pretty color.
This is a great salad for Spring and Summer and makes a nice addition to potlucks, buffets and parties. It is such a versatile dish! It’s easy enough for a weekday dinner, but perfect for a bridal shower, too. Not a salad person? No problem! Use a pita pocket or whole wheat wrap to make it into a sandwich that’s easy for lunchboxes or on-the-go meals.
If you liked this recipe for Mandarin Orange Salad, you might also like:
- Asian Pineapple Chicken Salad – Thriving on Paleo
- Chinese Chicken Salad – Damn Delicious
- Asian Quiona Salad – Wendy Polisi
More Salad Recipes:
- Apple Bacon Spinach Salad + Lemon-Shallot Vinaigrette
- Twenty Terrific Salads
- Tomato Feta Pasta Salad at Lady Behind the Curtain
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Simple Salads packed in Mason Jars