Need a delicious healthy snack idea? Try these Chocolate Chip No Bake Energy Balls!
Our easy to make Chocolate Chip No Bake Energy Balls are the perfect on-the-go snack that helps boost your energy and kick cravings to the curb!
I am a Barlean’s Blogger and this post has been sponsored by Barlean’s, however all opinions are my own. #EatCleanWithBarleans #CleanEating #ad
These super tasty peanut butter energy balls are great in between meals, but they’re even good as a quick breakfast. I’m forever rushing the kids out the door for school and not having enough time to grab something for myself. These little babies keep hunger at bay and keep me from getting “hangry” in the car drop off line. I love that I can put together an easy snack that I can feel good about. No bake energy balls just easy and yummy, and those are two of my top criteria for any good recipe!
Chocolate Chip Energy Balls Shopping List
- Rolled Oats
- Chia Seeds
- Barlean’s Forti Flax*
- Ground Cinnamon
- Toasted Coconut
- Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Barlean’s Flax-Chia-Coconut Blend*
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
These are packed full of healthy ingredients, including the Barlean’s Forti-Flax ground flax seeds and also the Barlean’s Flax Chia Coconut Organic Blend. You can learn more about both of these products at the Barlean’s website. I’ve been putting that blend into my Pumpkin Bread and Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread lately. The kids don’t mind it, and I know they’re getting a little something extra healthy.
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Mixing Bowl
- Large Cookie Scoop (3 tablespoons) or two large spoons
- Parchment Paper
- Airtight Container for Storing
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Variations for Energy Balls:
- Mix it up a little by swapping half of the chocolate out. Use 1/4 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips and a 1/4 cup of another flavored chips such as toffee, cinnamon, or white chocolate.
- If you’re not a fan of honey, try using agave nectar to sweeten these energy bites instead.
- Use almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter instead of the peanut butter.
- Swap out the pecans and almond for other nuts such as walnuts or cashews.
- Instead of the Barlean’s Flax-Chia -Coconut Blend, try their Barlean’s Energy Blend, which also include Panax Ginseng which may help your energy level.
If you give it a try, be sure to leave me a comment and let me know what you think, or post a pic on Instagram and tag me at @jugglingactmama and use hashtag #JugglingActMama.
I love sharing products that I use and trust for my family, and that’s why I use Barlean’s. They are a family-run company with a huge selection of healthy organic products including coconut oils, fish oil and omega supplements, and – my favorite – loads of items for making delicious smoothies! Learn more about Barlean’s by visiting their website.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you liked our No Bake Energy Balls, you might also like these tasty and healthy recipes:
- Fig & Walnut Energy Bites -Wonky Wonderful
- Lemon Blueberry Energy Balls – Bites of Wellness
- Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls with Dates – Bowl of Delicious
Chocolate Chip No Bake Energy Bites
Chocolate Chip No Bake Energy Balls
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Barlean's Forti-Flax ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Barlean's Flax Chia Coconut Organic Blend
- Heaping 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add in the peanut or almond butter, honey and vanilla extract. Using a rubber spatula, mix everything together until sticky.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Prep time does not include the time for the energy bites to chill. Variations for Energy Bites:
Mix it up a little by swapping half of the chocolate out. Use 1/4 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips and a 1/4 cup of another flavored chips such as toffee, cinnamon, or white chocolate.
If you're not a fan of honey, try using agave nectar to sweeten these energy bites instead.
Use almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter instead of the peanut butter.
Swap out the pecans and almond for other nuts such as walnuts or cashews.