As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love having healthy snacks in my fridge. In fact, I’m very particular about the way my fridge is stocked and organized. My rationale is pretty simple: if you don’t stock your house with healthy food, it makes it a lot harder to make nutritious choices and eat healthier! But health doesn’t have to come at the expense of deliciousness. These coconut cinnamon balls are filled with healthy fats (peanut butter!), fiber (oats!), protein (chia seeds!) and a few of my favorite flavors (cinnamon, chocolate and coconut!). They couldn’t be easier to make, or faster to whip up. Lucky you — you’ll always be stocked with a tasty treat that won’t reek havoc on your waistline.
These are perfect for a quick snack when guests are arriving on short notice, also amazing for a sweet touch to a brunch, a simple and portion controlled dessert or an on-the-go snack. With recipes like this one, it’s easy to swap or add your favorite ingredients — dried cherries, walnuts or honey would be amazing additions to this snack
We would love to hear from you if you make this recipe at home! Hope you enjoy…
- 1 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 C peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup depending on sweetness
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Combine oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt in a bowl
- With a rubber spatula, mix in coconut, chocolate and chia seeds
- Roll into small balls with your hands or a small cookie scoop, place on a plate, refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight