Happy Halloween! I’m Melissa from Melissa’s Cuisine and I am excited to be sharing another recipe with you. Today’s recipe for Fall Snack Mix is inspired by Halloween and all the candies your kids are going to bring home tonight. If your kids aren’t Trick or Treating (or even if they are!), don’t forget that all the candy will be marked down at the stores tomorrow morning. That’s when I stock up on candy corn, peanuts, and M&Ms.
In the fall, I often keep a candy dish in the living room, full of candy corn, peanuts, and M&Ms. We all know that candy corn and peanuts are a match made in Heaven, but have you ever added M&Ms to the mix? Pure deliciousness I tell you!
A couple weeks ago I made a snack mix in my slow cooker. My whole family loved it, especially my daughter who kept pointing to the container for “more”. I decided to do another variation of a snack mix and use my favorite fall treat in it. This recipe is made in the microwave so it comes together in mere minutes. It’s a fun and delicious way to use up Halloween candy!
Fall Snack Mix
- 2 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup M&M candies
- In a large bowl, combine the Chex, Cheerios, and pretzels.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a glass measuring cup, melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the butter and vanilla mixture over the cereal mixture and stir to coat completely.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over the cereal and stir again until the cereal is coated.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring each minute.
- Pour mix onto a cookie sheet to cool.
- When the mixture has cooled, add the candy corn, peanuts, and M&Ms and stir to combine.
If you liked this recipe, you may also enjoy: